Extending Aroldis Chapman

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your assuming those guys are resigned correct? Whats the contract status of the reds bullpen.

IMO Chapman is suited for the Yankees, but they have crap to give back in return.

Without looking at it, I believe most of the Reds bullpen is consistently signed to one or two year deals.

The Reds have two of the 12 highest paid relievers in baseball based on total worth of the contract: Sean Marshall and Jonathan Broxton. Marshall makes $5.5 this year and $6.5 next year. Broxton makes $7.0 this year and $9.0 next year. Doesn't even include the $5.0 they owe Chapman this year and next year.

Way too much money tied up in the bullpen -- obviously.

Walt really pooped the bed with the Broxton contract. I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt and he thought Chapman would be starting.

He also pooped the bed with the Sean Marshall trade. Travis Wood always looked good in Red.

Best arm in the game? Probably Kershaw. When I say best arm, I'm saying best pitcher, nastiest guy to face.

No, I don't think Chapman is top 3. I'm not even sure he's the best arm on the Reds.

When I say best arm, I think most potential in it. Most talented. Most God given gifts.

Kershaw is undoubtedly the best pitcher. Pitcher to me describes a state of the present. Best "arm"? That is a something that describes what could be developed... most 'electric'.... Best 'stuff'...

When I say best arm, I think most potential in it. Most talented. Most God given gifts.

Kershaw is undoubtedly the best pitcher. Pitcher to me describes a state of the present. Best "arm"? That is a something that describes what could be developed... most 'electric'.... Best 'stuff'...

Again, Chapman doesn't even have the best "stuff" on the Reds roster. Latos and Bailey both have better stuff IMO.

Again, Chapman doesn't even have the best "stuff" on the Reds roster. Latos and Bailey both have better stuff IMO.

How? Because they have a third pitch? Who's primary pitch is better? Who's secondary pitch is better? Do those guys really have a better 1-2 combo than Chapmans fastball/slider?

How? Because they have a third pitch? Who's primary pitch is better? Who's secondary pitch is better? Do those guys really have a better 1-2 combo than Chapmans fastball/slider?

Because they have 3-4 pitches that can be devastating to hitters. Chapman has 2, and that's only if he's able to get his slider over.

At the end of the day we can debate this till we're blue in the face, it isn't going to change anything. You think Chapman has the best stuff in the game, I don't think he's even in the discussion. We'll have to just agree to disagree.

Because they have 3-4 pitches that can be devastating to hitters. Chapman has 2, and that's only if he's able to get his slider over.

Devastating is a bit of an over statement for their 3 and 4 pitches...can they throw them for strikes, yeah SOMETIMES...can they get out's with them, yeah some...are they devastating...NO!

Devastating is a bit of an over statement for their 3 and 4 pitches...can they throw them for strikes, yeah SOMETIMES...can they get out's with them, yeah some...are they devastating...NO!

They are when they're working...Remember, he said "potential". Chapman has pretty much maxed out his "potential" due to his unwillingness to add a 3rd pitch. Homer and Latos both throw 3-4 pitches and all of them have the potential to be devastating with work.

Never saw "Potential" and it seemed as if you were saying their 3rd and 4th were devastating now...I didn't read the Potentially.

Heck if that's what we are basing it on "Potentially" I have 5 Devastating pitches...just have to work on them a bit more before I call Walt for my tryout.

They are when they're working...Remember, he said "potential". Chapman has pretty much maxed out his "potential" due to his unwillingness to add a 3rd pitch. Homer and Latos both throw 3-4 pitches and all of them have the potential to be devastating with work.

Is he unwilling, seems back in Spring Training they were talking about a third pitch he was working on then.

Does a power pitching reliever even need a third pitch? Top relievers seem to be two pitch guys most of the time.

If he ever becomes a starter he needs something else, even though Nolan Ryan was just a fastball, curveball pitcher for the first 17 or so years of his career.