May 14, 201412 yr Does a power pitching reliever even need a third pitch? Top relievers seem to be two pitch guys most of the time. If he ever becomes a starter he needs something else, even though Nolan Ryan was just a fastball, curveball pitcher for the first 17 or so years of his career. He probably doesn't if he's in the bullpen. But man, how awful are the Reds handling him if he's the best arm in the game? Wouldn't you think a team that had that kind of talent would utilize him the best way possible by throwing him every 5th day?
May 14, 201412 yr He probably doesn't if he's in the bullpen. But man, how awful are the Reds handling him if he's the best arm in the game? Wouldn't you think a team that had that kind of talent would utilize him the best way possible by throwing him every 5th day? Did the Yankees misuse Riveria? I dunno? I've never thought Chapman was a Starter, maybe the Reds don't either...
May 14, 201412 yr Author They say he was working on a change at one point. Don't know if it ever went anywhere...
May 15, 201412 yr Did the Yankees misuse Riveria? I dunno? I've never thought Chapman was a Starter, maybe the Reds don't either... They tried him as a starter. He sucked.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.