Post & Discuss Your NFL Mock Drafts

Here are two that I did this morning. One has Blake Bortles going 3 to Jacksonville, the other with him going 12 to Tennessee. The rest of the picks I tried to make according to a combination of team needs, the best available talent, and where most draft analysts are expecting each player to go.

Mock1.jpg

Mock2.jpg

Edited by JokersWild24

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Clowney goes #1 overall, Manziel to Cleveland, Watkins as the #1 receiver off the board with Evans the #2, the Broncos take Su'a-Filo if he's there, the Steelers and Lions go DB, and that Teddy goes to Minnesota.

Some of the biggest risers and fallers could be Blake Bortles, Cody Latimer (Indiana wide receiver who is a former basketball player) and Jace Amaro (Texas Tech TE).

Think the Vikes really like Bridgewater eh?

I think so. If he's not taken before them and is still on the board after Minnesota picks at #8, then barring someone that has traded down, he could see himself free falling.

Here are some thoughts on Bridgewater:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/24543353/nfl-draft-which-qb-would-you-draft-to-start-a-franchise

One analyst says he wouldn't be surprised if Manziel, Bortles, and Carr were all selected ahead of him.

I admittedly haven't kept up with the draft process like I usually have, but I heard that the Browns are pretty much in love with Derek Carr, and could take him in the first round, even though many say he's more of a later 1/early 2 kinda guy.

One analyst says he wouldn't be surprised if Manziel, Bortles, and Carr were all selected ahead of him.

If they're all off the board by then, then there's no way the Vikings can pass on Bridgewater. Their QB situation has been a disaster for years (the full Favre season being the lone exception) and the Vikings have to at least try to find a solid QB.

There are pros and cons to Bridgewater, but if Bortles, Carr and Manziel are all gone, then this ought to make the Vikings' decision VERY easy.

I admittedly haven't kept up with the draft process like I usually have, but I heard that the Browns are pretty much in love with Derek Carr, and could take him in the first round, even though many say he's more of a later 1/early 2 kinda guy.

They've brought Manziel in for some private workouts and the group think right now seems to be that he's going to be their man at #4 if he's still there (which he should be).

If they're all off the board by then, then there's no way the Vikings can pass on Bridgewater. Their QB situation has been a disaster for years (the full Favre season being the lone exception) and the Vikings have to at least try to find a solid QB.

There are pros and cons to Bridgewater, but if Bortles, Carr and Manziel are all gone, then this ought to make the Vikings' decision VERY easy.

IMO, no way that those three go in the top 7 (and 4 in the top 8), but stranger things have happened. Maybe a team panics and trades up, but Clowney, Mack, and Watkins are all guys who a lot of the draft gurus are really enamored with. Given that some of the top 8 teams already have a QB (StL, OAK, and ATL), the proposition that there'll be 8 guys going that early gets really dicey.

If someone jumps up and grabs Carr or Teddy goes past Minnesota at 8, I think we see him start to free fall unless some teams are throwing out serious smoke screens because I'm not really sure that there's a team out there besides Minnesota who just loves him.

I feel like if the Texans take Clowney they are really really hoping that one of those top 4 fall to them in the second round...

I know they've had Garroppolo in for a private workout. I don't think they pass on Clowney unless it's because they've traded the pick to move down and take a QB that they really like.

As a Jaguars team that is rebuilding through the draft I have been paying A LOT of attention to this draft. I think your 2nd mock is the route the Jaguars will be taking. I personally think they will try and trade down at the 3 spot. If they don't I would bet the farm it will be Mack or Watkins. This is of course Clowney going first. If he falls to onto the Jags lap you will see them sprint to the podium to get him.

One thing I noticed in your 1st mock was Dee Ford dropping into the 2nd as well. I would absolutely love to have him fall to the Jags in the 2nd but I dont see that happening

Edited by GrizzlyAdams