Who do you believe is the best overall player in the 10th Region?

I have had a chance to watch quit a few games this Year. My vote goes to Jon Elrod of Pendleton County. There isn't anything he can't do, he is Pendleton's shut down defender and the guy they look for when the game is on the line. He never seems to get rattled. and he is clutch, he will hit the big shots in big games. I have read a lot of threads this year talking about best teams in Kentucky, and very seldom do you see his name. He is the best player no one ever talks about. And he is not flashy, he goes out and does his thing and never says a word. ( maybe that's why no ones talks about him....)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Darius Miller from Mason County is the best player in the region and he's just a sophomore. This kid is going to turn it up in March, he always seems to play to the competition. I haven't seen anyone who can match up yet. And I think Patrick Elliott will tell you the same thing. He's had his hands full this year with him.

I think what really hurts him, is the fact that he is so good that it looks like he is in slow motion, and some people might think that he is not Hustling.

Some people said the same thing about a certain Mr. Basketball from the 10th Region :sssh:

I watched the Franklin County vs Pendleton game last week, and was totally unimpressed by Elrod. Elliot is big, but the man for them that I was impressed with was Mains. He can handle the ball, shoots it well, plays good defense, and is jet quick. I think you would be hard pressed to find someone better in the 10th than him.

Darius Miller from Mason County is the best player in the region and he's just a sophomore. This kid is going to turn it up in March, he always seems to play to the competition. I haven't seen anyone who can match up yet. And I think Patrick Elliott will tell you the same thing. He's had his hands full this year with him.

And I believe if you ask Miller and Turner they both will tell you the same thing. :sssh:

Pat"the Beast" Elliott. Not only can he shoot, pass, and play defense he is on the floor after every lose ball. He is Mr. Hustle and a team leader.

Agree without question Miller is the best in the 10th. Preston Knowles and Tyler Mains are my number 2 and 3.

I watched the Franklin County vs Pendleton game last week, and was totally unimpressed by Elrod. Elliot is big, but the man for them that I was impressed with was Mains. He can handle the ball, shoots it well, plays good defense, and is jet quick. I think you would be hard pressed to find someone better in the 10th than him.

It would be hard to leave out Mains. I guess I may be a little bias, but I think PC could have 3 players from the 10th in the top ten.

You may not have been impressed with Elrod who was in foul trouble, but the people who have seen him play more the 1 game will tell you different. Ask all the Coaches in the 10th to see what they say about Elrod.

I think Kyle Howard from Scott is a very good player from the 10th. He can rebound, shoot, good percentage shooter, can make free throws, and he can play some defense. He should be considered one of the best overall....

I know Kyle is an excellent player, but no where close to being the top overall. JMO

no question that Elrod is an outstanding player and could start for any team in the 10th Region. However, he really can't create any offense for himself. He is a recipient of dribble drive penetration from Mains for the most part and spots up well against zones. Not a slam on him at all just shouldn't be considered "the best all around" player in the region...a really good player that everyone would like to have on their side for sure.

And I believe if you ask Miller and Turner they both will tell you the same thing. :sssh:

Pat"the Beast" Elliott. Not only can he shoot, pass, and play defense he is on the floor after every lose ball. He is Mr. Hustle and a team leader.

I think you're right, if you ask Miller and Turner, they both would tell me that Miller is the best player in the region. :sssh:

I didn't see a beast on the floor when Pendleton unravelled at the Fieldhouse a week ago. If Mason plays them again, Pendleton is beat. That might be the only team that could beat them in the tenth but it will happen if the matchup is set. MAN! I can't wait for the rematch.