NBA Playoff Race

A little gamesmanship on the part of the Heat? Could the management possibly have conceded the spot to Indiana with the thought that Atlanta and Toronto/Washington is an easier path than Charlotte/Chicago/Brooklyn?

#1 seed has much harder path. Although I will say if they Wiz beat Raptors and Nene is healthy they have given the Heat fits all season .

You can also count me in for hoping Memphis gets that last playoff spot; they definitely give the Spurs a tougher time than the Suns would.

Memphis beat Phoenix tonight, and I'm thinking that ended any playoff hopes for the Suns.

Also, Golden State beat Minnesota in an outright shoot-out, so they've basically locked up the #6 seed in the West unless I'm mistaken.

I'm guessing Pop would agree with you. Memphis will be a strong 8.

Yep. A few years ago, Memphis was intentionally losing some down the stretch the match-up with San Antonio. Because of the style and character of the two teams, they still match-up well, though I think San Antonio is more talented, effective, and efficient.

Maybe it's just me, but as someone whose moved to the area and started to get familiar with the Spurs (though I'm far from what you'd consider a 'fan'), I think that one of the Spurs' best qualities throughout their runs has been their ability to beat the teams that they should, hence why they always have such a good record.

#1 seed has much harder path. Although I will say if they Wiz beat Raptors and Nene is healthy they have given the Heat fits all season .

I think the Heat have a different level come playoff time. Wade doesn't have much in the tank, but obviously doesn't go all-out during the regular season.

I think that the Heat team we see in the playoffs this season is a different monster than what most have seen during the regular season.

During the regular season, they've played a ton of different lineups/units because everyone has been so banged up, but Riley & Company are calculated and have had a much larger goal in mind. I'll be surprised if the Heat aren't representing the East in the Finals.

Now, once they get to the Finals, I could see a Thunder team giving them all they wanted, and maybe even more.

I think the Heat have a different level come playoff time. Wade doesn't have much in the tank, but obviously doesn't go all-out during the regular season.

I think that the Heat team we see in the playoffs this season is a different monster than what most have seen during the regular season.

During the regular season, they've played a ton of different lineups/units because everyone has been so banged up, but Riley & Company are calculated and have had a much larger goal in mind. I'll be surprised if the Heat aren't representing the East in the Finals.

Now, once they get to the Finals, I could see a Thunder team giving them all they wanted, and maybe even more.

The Heat didn't actually dominate last year in the playoffs. I think it's still Lebrons title until he is beaten but I will be shocked if the West doesn't win this year.

The Heat didn't actually dominate last year in the playoffs. I think it's still Lebrons title until he is beaten but I will be shocked if the West doesn't win this year.

Trust me, I know and realize that. I live in San Antonio and watched each of the Finals games (including going to Game 4). A shot or two or holding onto the ball instead of turning it over here and there in Game 6 and the Spurs are champs. I'm personally not a huge Spurs fan either, that's just what I saw.

Also, Golden State beat Minnesota in an outright shoot-out, so they've basically locked up the #6 seed in the West unless I'm mistaken.

Two teams that are seriously incapable of sustained, organized defense. Made for a fun game, though.

For sure.

Last night's game was 130-120. The T-wolves had 42 in the first quarter, 18 of which were Love's.

That first quarter was something. Love hit three threes in the opening two minutes of the game.

The Warriors were down as much as 19 in that game before coming back to win.

That first quarter was something. Love hit three threes in the opening two minutes of the game.

The Warriors were down as much as 19 in that game before coming back to win.

They may not be the best team, but I'm not sure anyone can say there is a more fun team to watch on a night to night basis than the Warriors. The Splash brothers are something else.