Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Final 4 Kentucky vs. Wisconsin

Final 4 Kentucky vs. Wisconsin 56 members have voted

  1. 1. Final 4 Kentucky vs. Wisconsin

    • Kentucky
      87%
      49
    • Wisconsin
      12%
      7

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

This is unreal......

 

Reporter asked Randle if he knows how much money he’s made the school

 

 

randle-presser3.jpg

At least one reporter in attendance Thursday wasn’t as interested in Kentucky vs. Wisconsin as she was finances and mathematics. With four student-athletes at the podium, one from each participating school, she specifically asked Julius Randle if he had done the math on exactly how much money he and his teammates have made the university this season. And if so, she asked, “Does the scholarship that you have this year, does that seem like a fair exchange or is there anything you would like to change?”

Randle nailed it, saying he’s blessed to be in the position he is in at the University of Kentucky:

“No, I’ve never done the math on what we’re bringing into the school or anything like that. All I know is that I’m a college athlete. I’m a college student. I have the opportunity to get an education as well as play for Kentucky, who has so much tradition, and that’s really all that matters to me right now.”

“I don’t really get into the politics and stuff like that about whether it’s fair or not.
I just know I’m blessed to be in the position I’m in
and that’s really all that matters to me.”

 

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/

  • Replies 122
  • Views 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“I don’t really get into the politics and stuff like that about whether it’s fair or not. I just know I’m blessed to be in the position I’m in and that’s really all that matters to me.”

 

Perfect!

This is unreal......

 

Reporter asked Randle if he knows how much money he’s made the school

 

 

randle-presser3.jpg

At least one reporter in attendance Thursday wasn’t as interested in Kentucky vs. Wisconsin as she was finances and mathematics. With four student-athletes at the podium, one from each participating school, she specifically asked Julius Randle if he had done the math on exactly how much money he and his teammates have made the university this season. And if so, she asked, “Does the scholarship that you have this year, does that seem like a fair exchange or is there anything you would like to change?”

Randle nailed it, saying he’s blessed to be in the position he is in at the University of Kentucky:

“No, I’ve never done the math on what we’re bringing into the school or anything like that. All I know is that I’m a college athlete. I’m a college student. I have the opportunity to get an education as well as play for Kentucky, who has so much tradition, and that’s really all that matters to me right now.”

“I don’t really get into the politics and stuff like that about whether it’s fair or not.
I just know I’m blessed to be in the position I’m in
and that’s really all that matters to me.”

 

Kentucky Sports Radio | University of Kentucky Basketball, Football, and Recruiting news brought to you in the most ridiculous manner possible.

 

It's a very fair question, Goldie, given the larger story brewing about the NCAA and student-athlete compensation in this era of mega-TV deals.

 

It's a very fair question, Goldie, given the larger story brewing about the NCAA and student-athlete compensation in this era of mega-TV deals.

 

Was the same question asked to anyone else on the other teams?

Was the same question asked to anyone else on the other teams?

 

I think all 4 were asked if I'm not mistaken

It's a very fair question, Goldie, given the larger story brewing about the NCAA and student-athlete compensation in this era of mega-TV deals.

 

Not appropriate at his time. IMO. These are student athletes and the questions should be about the game.

 

Was the same question asked to anyone else on the other teams?

 

The question was asked to Julius by the reporter. After he answered, the moderator, then directed it to another player.

From all 4 teams or 4 UK players?

 

I believe the article says that there was one player from each of the four teams there.

Was the same question asked to anyone else on the other teams?

The reporter directed the question to Julius but added that any of the other players could answer it too. I don't believe any of them did.

 

I believe she asked the question probably knowing what his answer would be. But it was a way of getting that issue more air time on a big stage. She knew what she was doing, pushing an agenda.

 

It wasn't a bad question but IMO this wasn't the place to ask it. It had nothing to do with the upcoming games. But one reporter seems to always wiggle in a irrelevant question when they get an opportunity with a national audience. A few years ago one asked UConn coach Calhoun about his excessive salary and his answer was, "I'm not going to give any of the money back."

Willie said he's between 70-80%...Has to discuss with family the potential risk of trying to play. :idunno:

Willie said he's between 70-80%...Has to discuss with family the potential risk of trying to play. :idunno:

 

Coach Cal should probably take it out of their hands, and do like Pitino did in 97 when he told Anderson he wasn't playing.

Willie said he's between 70-80%...Has to discuss with family the potential risk of trying to play. :idunno:

 

A lot of pros would probably give it a go at that point. Tough decision as you don't want to risk anything in your draft status as a player. If he doesn't play, wonder how much better it would be Monday night if they win. Personally should they be playing Monday night for a title you would have a hard time keeping me off the floor. I would want to be a part of it.

FWIW, I put the odds of him playing at about 5% and that's being very optimistic IMO. Maybe he could give it a go if they make it to the title game Monday? :idunno:

This will come down to whether the Cats guard the "3". They have periods where they don't. Wisky moves the ball well. Play straight up man to man and use their height on the guards to give no free looks. The Badgers can flat out shoot.

 

If they do this the Cats win by 6-10, if they don't Wisky could very well win this.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.