Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Final 4 Kentucky vs. Wisconsin

Final 4 Kentucky vs. Wisconsin 56 members have voted

  1. 1. Final 4 Kentucky vs. Wisconsin

    • Kentucky
      87%
      49
    • Wisconsin
      12%
      7

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I know nothing about stress fractures but I keep on thinking back to Sam Bowie's problems. I don't play him no matter what this weekend.

  • Replies 122
  • Views 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know nothing about stress fractures but I keep on thinking back to Sam Bowie's problems. I don't play him no matter what this weekend.

 

I don't think it's a stress fracture. He for sure wouldn't be walking on it at all if that were the case.

I don't think it's a stress fracture. He for sure wouldn't be walking on it at all if that were the case.

 

They've never confirmed it as a stress fracture, have they? I've seen one reporter say that, and everyone seems to have run with it.

I don't think it's a stress fracture. He for sure wouldn't be walking on it at all if that were the case.

That was kind of my line of thinking. I wouldn't think playing would even be an option at this point if it was a fracture but I'm no doctor.

Not appropriate at his time. IMO. These are student athletes and the questions should be about the game.

 

The question was asked to Julius by the reporter. After he answered, the moderator, then directed it to another player.

 

The reporter directed the question to Julius but added that any of the other players could answer it too. I don't believe any of them did.

 

I believe she asked the question probably knowing what his answer would be. But it was a way of getting that issue more air time on a big stage. She knew what she was doing, pushing an agenda.

 

It wasn't a bad question but IMO this wasn't the place to ask it. It had nothing to do with the upcoming games. But one reporter seems to always wiggle in a irrelevant question when they get an opportunity with a national audience. A few years ago one asked UConn coach Calhoun about his excessive salary and his answer was, "I'm not going to give any of the money back."

 

You gotta understand the big picture. The majority of the media covering the Final Four is national media who do not cover Kentucky or the other schools regularly. When else are they going to have such access to the players?

 

And again, the national media has been full of stories relating to student-athlete compensation lately (see: Northwestern unionization movement, among others). It's a major issue, and who better to comment on it than someone such as Randle and players of his caliber? The NCAA and its member institutions are making filthy amounts of cash on their backs, while players struggle with daily living expenses (assuming they're not being paid under the table, and that's for another thread).

 

These were all this week:

 

CBS Sports.com

The NCAA is under fire on multiple fronts; is anyone in charge?

 

USAToday.com

Coaches hit jackpot in NCAA system

 

The C-J's Tim Sullivan had a similar piece in (I think) Thursday's paper. College athletics brought this on itself

 

Here's an interesting snippet from Sullivan's piece:

 

Last fall Business Insider calculated the value of an average U of L basketball player at $1.6 million.

 

Again, this is a huge issue. The Final Four, in an open press conference with scads of national writers, is a completely appropriate time to ask the players how they feel about how they are being taken advantage of. Do you really think a reporter can call up the SID at UK or UofL or anyplace else and say, "I want to interview Player X about how he feels about student-athlete compensation and how he's being taken advantage of by the university" and actually be granted that access?

Lot of signs going up in Lexington. Of course this is my favorite.

 

 

BkZo5_XIgAAnQNt.jpgPhoto @HuttonWhite

I don't think it's a stress fracture. He for sure wouldn't be walking on it at all if that were the case.

 

Thanks, that was the last I had heard. That's positive news.

Question, I have to work tonight but can watch via my iPad, but I really never watched live events.

 

1) Can I watch via CBS? (I work in Clifton in Cincy, didn't know if the cable company there needs to have an agreement with CBS)

2) Is there any special thing I need to do to watch live? (such as my cable info for TW in NKY?)

3) Any other things I need to know?

Question, I have to work tonight but can watch via my iPad, but I really never watched live events.

 

1) Can I watch via CBS? (I work in Clifton in Cincy, didn't know if the cable company there needs to have an agreement with CBS)

2) Is there any special thing I need to do to watch live? (such as my cable info for TW in NKY?)

3) Any other things I need to know?

 

I think games will be available via March Madness app. You'll need some info from your cable package for thus, I believe.

Where is everyone watching the game, my plans fell through tonight.

I think games will be available via March Madness app. You'll need some info from your cable package for thus, I believe.

 

Thanks!

Where is everyone watching the game, my plans fell through tonight.

 

Section 224! Yeaaah baby!

Thanks!

 

Game is on TBS - not CBS.

Oh no, smith and Kellogg both picked the Badgers. Both looking to go 0-5 picking against UK in the tournament

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.