Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NCAA Selection Show

Featured Replies

Non conference schedule was a joke. I don't hate them sending a message to teams scheduling cupcakes.

 

Scheduling ACC and SEC teams is weak? Virginia, Arkansas, Texas A&M.

 

NC State lost to Virginia by 31 points. SMU lost to Virginia by 3 points.

 

The logic of NC State over SMU completely fails.

  • Replies 315
  • Views 29.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was UK playing for a berth against LSU?

 

Looks like they may have been. I think if they had gotten beaten handedly in that game they wouldn't have made it.

FACT:

 

The selection committee put 6 ACC teams in the tournament. Tied for second most for a conference in the 2014 NCAA Tournament.

 

*drops mic, exits thread*

If ACC is so good and is tied with the most bids from any conference then they should put 3 teams into the Elite 8 and possibly 2 or at worst 1 into the final 4 right? I mean they are such a great conference they were able to put 2 unranked teams into the tourney over teams that were ranked in the top 25.

 

I think if the ACC puts 2 in the final 4 I will buy you a very nice dinner. If they don't then maybe you could return the offer. Sound good? Not a wager at all, just two people showing their gratitude toward the other and their knowledge of the game.

I'm still trying to figure out what UMass did to get a 6 seed, not to mention getting one opposite two play in teams.

As I stated in the Duke/Virginia thread I heard on a national radio show that the only conference with more than one representative on the selection committee was the ACC with 2 members. I would also bet that being a new conference that the AAC did not have a rep on the committee.

Looks like they may have been. I think if they had gotten beaten handedly in that game they wouldn't have made it.

 

Which is absurd

It has not mentioned yet on here. The NCAA hates Coach Cal for what he stands for and the attitude on the one and done thing. They also don't like UK that much and there you go. A #8 seed in the toughest bracket.

Scheduling ACC and SEC teams is weak? Virginia, Arkansas, Texas A&M.

 

NC State lost to Virginia by 31 points. SMU lost to Virginia by 3 points.

 

The logic of NC State over SMU completely fails.

Bingo!!!! Especially after hearing how great the ACC supposedly is this year.

As I stated in the Duke/Virginia thread I heard on a national radio show that the only conference with more than one representative on the selection committee was the ACC with 2 members. I would also bet that being a new conference that the AAC did not have a rep on the committee.

Yet there isn't a ACC bias right?

It has not mentioned yet on here. The NCAA hates Coach Cal for what he stands for and the attitude on the one and done thing. They also don't like UK that much and there you go. A #8 seed in the toughest bracket.

 

I would rather think they are idiots an really incompetent much like everything the NCAA stands for. It's a joke what it is becoming

It has not mentioned yet on here. The NCAA hates Coach Cal for what he stands for and the attitude on the one and done thing. They also don't like UK that much and there you go. A #8 seed in the toughest bracket.

 

Then they must really hate Wichita st

UL with a 4 seed still kills me. How can a team that at worst should have been a 2 seed end up with a 4 seed?

 

Outside of their terrible conference, which team in the field did they defeat?

Forgot RPI is all that matters.

Isn't the RPI what you all are using to prove why SMU doesn't deserve to be in the tourney and Pitt and NC state does deserve it?

 

Cant use it as a reason just to support your argument and ignore it when it doesn't support your side.

  • Author
Outside of their terrible conference, which team in the field did they defeat?

 

What seed do you think UL should have gotten? And did you mean their terrible conference with five Top 25 teams and three All-Americans?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.