KY Post NKY All-Stars

I hate to be a wet blanket, but one of the reasons the rest of Ky looks at NoKy with suspicious eye is this Ohio wanna-be divisions stuff. We're in Kentucky. There are no divisions in basketball. What's wrong with a Region POY like everywhere else?

That is given out also. These Division are all part of the NKY coaches association. There is nothing wrong with that. It allows the coaches, who know what they are talking about, to reward the kids and not just the big school kids. We don't care the rest of Kentucky thinks. We have some great competitive basketball up here. And thats why A and AA schools can compete with our AAA and AAAA schools.

That is given out also. These Division are all part of the NKY coaches association. There is nothing wrong with that. It allows the coaches, who know what they are talking about, to reward the kids and not just the big school kids. We don't care the rest of Kentucky thinks. We have some great competitive basketball up here. And thats why A and AA schools can compete with our AAA and AAAA schools.

Forgive me if it seems extraneous, and this is coming from someone from Northern Kentucky. The coaches are already voting for Region POY; why do it twice?

And don't be so defensive. I asked a legitimate question, and I am quite familiar with basketball in that area.

Forgive me if it seems extraneous, and this is coming from someone from Northern Kentucky. The coaches are already voting for Region POY; why do it twice?

And don't be so defensive. I asked a legitimate question, and I am quite familiar with basketball in that area.

So the smaller school kids have a chance at some recognition. Not too hard of a concept... :p

So the smaller school kids have a chance at some recognition. Not too hard of a concept... :p

But that would fly in the face of this:

We have some great competitive basketball up here. And thats why A and AA schools can compete with our AAA and AAAA schools.

Which is it?

Congrats to Michael Smith of HHS....BRAINS and brawn !! 'Kudo's also to Jeff Vories, Kevin Bueter, Benny Guidugli...all good Ft. T boyz !! ...honorable mention to Jeremy Wight (his dad was a cake-eater).

Too bad he didnt become one.... would be a nice backcourt duo.... Wight/Vories..... 3pt deadeye and master penetrator....

Outside of the private Class A schools its very rare for the public small schools in NKY to make noise or get recongintion.

Just furthering my theory that there needs to be a Northern Kentucky-only daily newspaper. There are too many schools in Northern Kentucky for the sports depts. at the Post and Enquirer to handle given the limited resources available to them.