9th Region Player and Coach of The Year

Who do you think should win player and coach of the year for the 9th Region?

Possible Player of the Year - I was just including a few names

Duran Jefferson

Austin Hill

Jeff Vories

Michael Romes

Zach Kiernan

Possible Coach of the Year

Coach Goetz - Holy Cross

Coach Schlarman - Highlands

Coach Henley - Holmes

Coach Detzel - NCC

Coach Listerman - CCH

My picks are Austin Hill and Coach Goetz (This is just my oppion)

Kiernan, while he is a good player and probably best big man in the 9th is most likely #5 out of the ones listed above. I would take Hill then Vories with Romes pulling a very very close 3rd. Jefferson is also in the top 4, but hasn't had the stats to make him POY, but he has all the intangibles needed for a PG.

Honestly I would vote for Coach Goetz at HC and Jeff Vories of Highlands.

I would say this would be my vote also. I am a Bluebird fan and Willie has done a fantastic job but those guys are Sr's and they are expected to win those games. That takes nothing away from the job he has done because I think he is an excellent coach. The Holy Cross situation seems like those kids didnt really stand a chance in the early part of the season and have gelled nicely running off so many victories in a row. Its too bad they will get an early exit tomorrow night.

OK for the final time I will explain this. The only reason and time POY has to be a Senior is when the coaches vote on only seniors. I am pretty sure that if the KY POST or Enquier decide on a Junior then that is possible for them to be POY. But the KY POST usually prints the NKY Coaches Associations picks. Just like they did for the All-Stars in todays paper. While the enquirer chooses their own All-Star Team and POY.

So when discussing this on here we must take some steps to clarify what we are talking about. I see NO reason why on BGP we can't talk about a Junior or Soph or if possible a Frosh winning the POY, IF THEY DESERVE IT. It wouldn't be fair to underclassmen or the others to not speak of them. Should Lebron James not have won POY in OHIO 3 consecutive years, because he was too young? Yes, he should have won and they did what was right when he did earn these awards.

So my thoughts are this. BGP should come up with a system to give out their own awards. This can go to any class or age bracket. We could all vote or it could be chosen by the administators. Or even a combination. This takes care of the Seniors only.

Who do you think should win player and coach of the year for the 9th Region?

Possible Player of the Year - I was just including a few names

Duran Jefferson

Austin Hill

Jeff Vories

Michael Romes

Zach Kiernan

Possible Coach of the Year

Coach Goetz - Holy Cross

Coach Schlarman - Highlands

Coach Henley - Holmes

Coach Detzel - NCC

Coach Listerman - CCH

My picks are Austin Hill and Coach Goetz (This is just my oppion)

If your going to include juniors Jacobs is higher on the list than Kiernan. According to the KY Post Jacobs was second in votes behind Hill on All-Star picks.

OK for the final time I will explain this. The only reason and time POY has to be a Senior is when the coaches vote on only seniors. I am pretty sure that if the KY POST or Enquier decide on a Junior then that is possible for them to be POY. But the KY POST usually prints the NKY Coaches Associations picks. Just like they did for the All-Stars in todays paper. While the enquirer chooses their own All-Star Team and POY.

So when discussing this on here we must take some steps to clarify what we are talking about. I see NO reason why on BGP we can't talk about a Junior or Soph or if possible a Frosh winning the POY, IF THEY DESERVE IT. It wouldn't be fair to underclassmen or the others to not speak of them. Should Lebron James not have won POY in OHIO 3 consecutive years, because he was too young? Yes, he should have won and they did what was right when he did earn these awards.

So my thoughts are this. BGP should come up with a system to give out their own awards. This can go to any class or age bracket. We could all vote or it could be chosen by the administators. Or even a combination. This takes care of the Seniors only.

OK. If JRs are allowed, I take Austin Hill.

Seniors only: I lean towards Vories.