Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 84 Mississippi 70

Featured Replies

  • Replies 63
  • Views 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Final.

Great 30 minutes. Terrible 10 minutes...

 

UK must learn to play the full 40 or March will be short-lived.

Solid win on the road, I'll take it. Great free throw shooting.

Solid win on the road, I'll take it. Great free throw shooting.

 

When Willey Cauley Stein is hitting multiple free throws in a row, you know its a good day from the stripe.

I Was thrilled at the half at how this young U.K. Team was not letting Florida beat them twice by going into this one still reeling from the huge home loss just a couple nights ago. The Cats came out ready to play, focused and took control of the game early combining sharing the basketball, getting a good shot, dominating the boards and playing lock down defense.

Then came the 2nd half/ especially the last10min. and they reversed everything they had built in the first 20min.. Frustrating is too light of a word for it. I guess that we are going to be dealing with this all season with no experience, leader. I loved the job that U.K. did on Red thug 22 (I refuse to call it by name) with the switching, keeping a defender in his face regardless. A. Kennedy made some good adjustments at the half and in his t/o's in the 2nd half.

I haven't looked at the stats yet but I was very pleased with the FT shooting, this game could have gotten real embarrassing without it down the stretch. Randle, imo dominated everywhere on the floor. When Julius plays like he did tonight very few if anyone will come close to stopping him.

The most important stat of all was a "W", road conference win.

In an effort to post when they win too:

 

Awesome free throw shooting tonight.

Randle had some pep to his step from the start tonight.

I'm not a fan of Cal disrespecting the players with sarcastic faces.

I always get worried when there are 5 minutes or more left and we start to take the air out of the ball.

I would have enjoyed it if Randle had pounded Henderson into the ground on that last foul...

On the positive side 14 point win on the road. Ole Miss is now 5-1 at home.

 

On the negative side. Julius, Willie, and Dakari combined for 0 assists. Big guys who can pass devastate a defense.

Julius had 4 turnovers to go with his 0 assists which is becoming his normal line.

Our point guard had 4 turnovers and 4 assists which is becoming his normal line. Point guards need to be in the positive assist to turnover ratio preferably approaching 2/1 or better.

Too many turnovers. Twice they passsed the ball around the horn until the shot clock expired, how does that happen?

UK is so careless with the ball that I can't see them advancing any further than the round of 16 in the NCAA Tourney. Young had better work on his ball handling skills if he expects to play long in the NBA.

How does Henderson not get T'd up for anything he says/does? It amazes me how much he gets by with on his home court.

Too many turnovers. Twice they passsed the ball around the horn until the shot clock expired, how does that happen?

 

Something like 20 turnovers. That was what kept this from being a 25 point victory and getting to clear the bench at the 4 minute mark.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.