Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 84 Mississippi 70

Featured Replies

Again, 30 minutes of great basketball followed by 10 min of not so great. At least they showed maturity down the stretch and got it back under control. Keep learning and move on, that's all this team can do at this point.

  • Replies 63
  • Views 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uk just had one of its most dominating road wins of the year and people are still complaining? Yea this team hasnt lived up to the preseason hype and there is still stuff to fix. However I see a team that in my eyes has played better each game over the last few weeks. Even the florida game they played right with them. They need to put a whole game together but I am seeing the progress and think come march they will be at a point to make a run.

Uk just had one of its most dominating road wins of the year and people are still complaining? Yea this team hasnt lived up to the preseason hype and there is still stuff to fix. However I see a team that in my eyes has played better each game over the last few weeks. Even the Florida game they played right with them. They need to put a whole game together but I am seeing the progress and think come march they will be at a point to make a run.

 

Agree 100%. Julius has a great game and still some point out a few mistakes he made. No player is going to play a perfect game. Go look at the prediction thread and many had UK loosing this game. Any road win is a good one.

Jason McCallum ‏@ESPNJMac 6hJulius Randle of @KentuckyMBB 25 pt, 13 reb, 85.7% FG, 92.9% FT. Only 1 other player in last 15 years did that: DeJuan Blair (PITT '08-09)

Jason McCallum ‏@ESPNJMac 6hJulius Randle of @KentuckyMBB 25 pt, 13 reb, 85.7% FG, 92.9% FT. Only 1 other player in last 15 years did that: DeJuan Blair (PITT '08-09)

 

Awesome stat line, but as someone who lives in San Antonio (where DeJuan Blair played professionally) that is NOT the kind of comparison you want as far as a guy hacking it in the NBA.

 

All that said, I know exactly what you mean and am glad that Randle has finally started playing like he's capable of these past few games. I'm actually starting to come back around to him.

 

I didn't get to see tonight's game, but in the Florida game, I thought he was MUCH more of a willing passer, which helps open up other things for him if he's able to do it consistently.

Awesome stat line, but as someone who lives in San Antonio (where DeJuan Blair played professionally) that is NOT the kind of comparison you want as far as a guy hacking it in the NBA.

 

All that said, I know exactly what you mean and am glad that Randle has finally started playing like he's capable of these past few games. I'm actually starting to come back around to him.

 

I didn't get to see tonight's game, but in the Florida game, I thought he was MUCH more of a willing passer, which helps open up other things for him if he's able to do it consistently.

 

As you know I have never wavered on my support and like for Julius. He just amazes me how productive he can be with being double and triple teamed. I think some don't realize how difficult that is.

Uk just had one of its most dominating road wins of the year and people are still complaining? Yea this team hasnt lived up to the preseason hype and there is still stuff to fix. However I see a team that in my eyes has played better each game over the last few weeks. Even the florida game they played right with them. They need to put a whole game together but I am seeing the progress and think come march they will be at a point to make a run.

 

March is here in 10 days. This team is what it is, young and sloppy with the ball. I honestly don't see much more improvement than what we are seeing now. Don't see them getting far in the Dance.

As you know I have never wavered on my support and like for Julius. He just amazes me how productive he can be with being double and triple teamed. I think some don't realize how difficult that is.

 

For me, it was the turnovers and trying to force things.

 

I realize that, as a freshman who has the weight of the type of expectations that he carried in, that must be extremely difficult.

 

What got me was how he just seemed to try to do the "bull in the china shop" routine by using the same move to turn into multiple defenders repeatedly.

 

All that said, I'm sure it's easy to critique him watching on tv and you know, me having never played basketball at a high level or know what it's like to face that kind of learning curve, think "oh, this is what Julius should do".

For me, it was the turnovers and trying to force things.

 

I realize that, as a freshman who has the weight of the type of expectations that he carried in, that must be extremely difficult.

 

What got me was how he just seemed to try to do the "bull in the china shop" routine by using the same move to turn into multiple defenders repeatedly.

 

All that said, I'm sure it's easy to critique him watching on tv and you know, me having never played basketball at a high level or know what it's like to face that kind of learning curve, think "oh, this is what Julius should do".

 

Agree, but all part of the learning process of going from High School to College and playing in a new and demanding system. As Cal has stated, " had to break old habits, which is hard". We didn't have the twins all summer, which put them behind the learning process also.

 

As you know I never played high school or college ball.... heck I didn't play ball at all, I was a cheerleader.....:lol2: but I have been around the UK program long enough to know what all these kids go through, which makes me appreciate what these players sacrifice for us UK fans. It makes me sad when I see negative posts after negative posts on this team when there are positive things they can point out too. 26 posts in this thread on a great road win. Look at the loss against Florida....3 pages....:idunno:

Something like 20 turnovers. That was what kept this from being a 25 point victory and getting to clear the bench at the 4 minute mark.

 

The amount of turnovers was astonishing to me. You can't do that against good teams. Thankfully, Ole Miss isn't one of those in my opinion.

How does Henderson not get T'd up for anything he says/does? It amazes me how much he gets by with on his home court.

 

Blows my mind that a player can blantanlty yell "Oh my effing God" right in front of an official (after completely flopping at that) and not get a technical. I'm referring to the jumper he airballed with about 52 seconds left.

 

Everyone knew the foul on Randle was going to be ugly. I'm surprised it wasn't worse and good job to Randle for keeping his cool.

Blows my mind that a player can blantanlty yell "Oh my effing God" right in front of an official (after completely flopping at that) and not get a technical. I'm referring to the jumper he airballed with about 52 seconds left.

 

Everyone knew the foul on Randle was going to be ugly. I'm surprised it wasn't worse and good job to Randle for keeping his cool.

 

There's no doubt that Henderson is a punk and probably should have received a technical foul early in the game when he was being over-animated.

 

That being said, here's some advice for Randle: if you don't want to be taken out, don't go up for a showboat dunk, up 12 with 20 seconds to play on the road. Just dribble the ball back out and shake hands.

There's no doubt that Henderson is a punk and probably should have received a technical foul early in the game when he was being over-animated.

 

That being said, here's some advice for Randle: if you don't want to be taken out, don't go up for a showboat dunk, up 12 with 20 seconds to play on the road. Just dribble the ball back out and shake hands.

I really didn't have much of a problem with the foul. By today's rules that is a Flagrant, but just a few years back that would have been assessed as a personal foul.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.