Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gotham (FOX TV Series)

Featured Replies

The Penguin is a great villain. I am still watching.

  • Replies 177
  • Views 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't watched yet. To many shows, not enough time. And don't forget we have the season premier of Arrow coming as well as the debut of The Flash.

Have seen both episodes and thought it was solid each time. Will continue to watch

I personally felt like the second episode was a little on the slow side...but it wasn't bad. I'm interested to see what combination of the various comic arcs they use to write the Dollmaker character, because they could make him an EXTREMELY twisted villain.

I love the show so far, but I have a question. I thought Barbara Gordon was Batgirl, and she was Commissioner Gordon's daughter, not wife?

By the way a little funny story to tell on my boy. He has watched the 1st two episodes with me. Last night as we were watching this week's episode when he saw the girl playing the future Cat Woman he let out a big " Hubba Hubba". :lol2::lol2:

  • Author
I love the show so far, but I have a question. I thought Barbara Gordon was Batgirl, and she was Commissioner Gordon's daughter, not wife?

 

The Barbara on this show is not his wife. At least not yet. Her name is Barbara Kean.

 

From what I'm seeing on Wikipedia, in the comic books, Barbara Kean-Gordon is Jim Gordon's ex-wife. Barbara "Babs" Gordon is his adopted daughter/Batgirl.

The Barbara on this show is not his wife. At least not yet. Her name is Barbara Kean.

 

From what I'm seeing on Wikipedia, in the comic books, Barbara Kean-Gordon is Jim Gordon's ex-wife. Barbara "Babs" Gordon is his adopted daughter/Batgirl.

Thanks for the explanation. I didn't know if they were going a different route with it or not.
I love the show so far, but I have a question. I thought Barbara Gordon was Batgirl, and she was Commissioner Gordon's daughter, not wife?

 

His wife was also named Barbara

Watched this week's episode last night and definitely enjoyed it.

 

Is the dollmaker a real character from previous Batman stories/comics? I don't remember ever hearing about them before. The idea of them stealing children was a little unsettling.

Watched this week's episode last night and definitely enjoyed it.

 

Is the dollmaker a real character from previous Batman stories/comics? I don't remember ever hearing about them before. The idea of them stealing children was a little unsettling.

 

The Dollmaker has occurred as a more developed character in a couple of later Batman/Gotham City arcs. The arc I was more familiar with made him out to be a kind of like Hannibal Lector meets the Unibomber. I read up on him a bit after his mention in Monday's episode of Gotham, and apparently he was a sort of "one and done" villain back in the 60s in a different DC book as well.

So far, so good. The highlight of the show for me is the relationship between Gordon and his partner. Logue is such an amazing actor.

 

I feel at times I'm being hit over the head with some of this stuff. Yes, I get it, Selina Kyle will be CATwoman and yes the Riddler likes riddles. But it's definitely not to the point where I'm annoyed.

Not a big comic book fan, but I'll watch anything with Donal Logue ( I still hate that they cancelled Terriers after just one season). Thought last nights episode was pretty good. It is probably a show that I will continue to watch.
I miss Terriers very much.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.