Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gotham (FOX TV Series)

Featured Replies

  • Author
Having an internal dialogue about whether or not to keep watching. I was pretty disappointed with a lot of last year. The "Name as many familiar characters as we can in 22 episodes and see what happens" plot work didn't do it for me. I wanted to like this show so much and I just didn't.

 

I'll probably give it the first few episodes of this season to see if they've turned it around.

 

I was kind of ho-hum about the whole thing too. I thought it started slow, picked up steam mid-season, and then limped to the finish.

  • Replies 177
  • Views 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was kind of ho-hum about the whole thing too. I thought it started slow, picked up steam mid-season, and then limped to the finish.

 

They just wasted so much time expanding the universe rather than make a few of the plot lines better. The best story all last season was the Penguin origin stuff. I hope there's much more of that this year early on.

 

Just forget about all the monster-of-the-week stuff and focus on a few of the biggest future Batman villains and tell their stories.

 

They also need to figure out how to make the Bruce Wayne story less of a slog week to week.

They just wasted so much time expanding the universe rather than make a few of the plot lines better. The best story all last season was the Penguin origin stuff. I hope there's much more of that this year early on.

 

Just forget about all the monster-of-the-week stuff and focus on a few of the biggest future Batman villains and tell their stories.

 

They also need to figure out how to make the Bruce Wayne story less of a slog week to week.

 

There were several weeks where I felt the episodes would have been just as good or better without the Bruce Wayne story line in things all together.

  • Author
They just wasted so much time expanding the universe rather than make a few of the plot lines better.

 

Agreed.

 

Less is more.

There were several weeks where I felt the episodes would have been just as good or better without the Bruce Wayne story line in things all together.

 

I enjoyed some of the interactions he had with Alfred and Selena Kyle (who are both better characters portrayed by superior actors) but I just didn't care about him as a wunderkind exposing the corrupt board of Wayne enterprises. It's almost like he was TOO capable instead of being the troubled orphan who would later retreat away from his former life. It needs work but it's not a plot line beyond saving.

 

I'm undoubtedly spoiled by the recent films and recent incarnations of the comic book, but I have come to expect more out of Batman than any other superhero franchise. Maybe that's not fair, but that's where my head is.

  • Author
I'm undoubtedly spoiled by the recent films

 

Agreed.

 

I don't think anyone will be able to live up to what Nolan did with the Batman story.

I think the first episode of the new season was great. I think we just got a glimpse at the Bat Cave. I agree with what many have said here about the first season. Especially the "monster of the week" comment. They were just doing too much and I suppose piggy-backing off of Arrow and Flash. But, Batman has his own story and Gotham should be dedicated to the rise of the villains.

Quick question for those well versed in the DC universe...how old is Bruce Wayne supposed to be when he first becomes Batman?

Quick question for those well versed in the DC universe...how old is Bruce Wayne supposed to be when he first becomes Batman?

 

Mid to late 20s I think. He leaves Gotham for several years as a young adult and travels the world learning the various skills he would need.

  • Author
I think the first episode of the new season was great. I think we just got a glimpse at the Bat Cave. I agree with what many have said here about the first season. Especially the "monster of the week" comment. They were just doing too much and I suppose piggy-backing off of Arrow and Flash. But, Batman has his own story and Gotham should be dedicated to the rise of the villains.

 

I can't say it was great, but I thought it was a strong start.

I can't say it was great, but I thought it was a strong start.
Agreed. Girlfriend's daughter loves the show so I'd probably keep watching regardless. However, this start could lead to something very promising. I do however remain a little guarded...

What does everybody think of Gotham now that the new season has started? I really like Cameron Monaghan as Jerome. I don't want to spoil anything about the latest episode if others still have it unwatched on DVR.

I like the direction this season is going. Rather than bad-guy-of-the-week I think the show will be much stronger with an arc that lasts the whole season.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.