Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gotham (FOX TV Series)

Featured Replies

I say good riddance. I was never a fan of her character's plot line, nor the way she acted the part (particularly the way she had some kind of weird hint at a British accent every once-in-a-while). I've honestly never thought much of Jada Pinkett-Smith as an actress, truth be told.

 

I never really enjoyed it, but it was nice to have at least one other storyline besides young Bruce Wayne's arc that actually swept across the whole of the series and cut up the boring "Villain of the Week" monotony that's a huge drawback of the show for me. They're counting on our interest in origin stories for seemingly every Batman character out there that they're ignoring the idea of making a good show with a good script.

 

If they made the show less episodic and concentrated on continuing storylines rather than introducing a new villain every week, the product would be a lot better. LOST proved that it can work on network TV.

  • Replies 177
  • Views 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still love the show. And my boy loves watching it with me. I hope it sticks around for awhile.

Anybody watch this week's episode? The Riddler has arrived.

Well, I soldiered on through the season, but immediately deleted it from my series recordings as soon as the last episode ended. I wanted to like this show. I tried really, really, really hard to like this show. It's awful. No other way around it. The Penguin and Riddler were just about the only reason to watch. Maybe add Logue's Bullock to the mix. Everything else - fairly awful.

Whole first half of the season was basically pointless. If they'd spent that time setting up those second half storylines instead of trying to make me care about a guy that kills people with balloons the show would have been a lot better.

 

The whole organized crime war should have been the entire focus of this season with a couple other things happening in the periphery.

 

Fish Mooney could have never existed in the show and I'd have gotten as much from her character.

 

I don't know if I'll watch when it comes back in the fall.

I'm still loving the show. Part of that is that my son and I watch it together every week, but I still have enjoyed all the episodes.

I like the show as well. Hope fish is really gone. Didn't like her character at all.

Anybody else notice that the show is set way back but they still have cell phones?

Anybody else notice that the show is set way back but they still have cell phones?

 

It's not. It's set as if the Batman saga started in the present.

It's not. It's set as if the Batman saga started in the present.

 

What about the old cars?

What about the old cars?

 

A crossover effect the series creator liked maybe. All of the clothes are 21st century fashion. The cars are the only thing that stand out as old. Everything else is straight from today.

Agree, not one of my favorite characters! Selina Kyle becoming Cat Girl??? in the finale. I wonder if they will jump in time to get to Batman or stay current and spotlight the rise of Gordon!!

Having an internal dialogue about whether or not to keep watching. I was pretty disappointed with a lot of last year. The "Name as many familiar characters as we can in 22 episodes and see what happens" plot work didn't do it for me. I wanted to like this show so much and I just didn't.

 

I'll probably give it the first few episodes of this season to see if they've turned it around.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.