January 14, 201412 yr I searched for a thread on this but didn't see anything. Evidently this show was announced back in September. The show centers around the fabled Gotham City & will highlight the character of Jim Gordon, who eventually becomes Police Commissioner/ally of Batman. The series, which will debut Fall 2014, traces Gordon as he becomes who he becomes & as other characters (i.e. Batman, Joker, Catwoman, Penguin, Riddler, etc.) become who they become. Bruce Wayne will be a central character & it's believed he'll be 12 or 13-years-old when the show starts. The series finale will have Wayne officially becoming Batman. Gotham is described as an "operatic soap with a larger than life quality." It hopes to have the same feel as Christopher Nolan's recent Batman trilogy. Fox's Gotham TV Series to Include Classic Batman Villains - ComingSoon.net
January 14, 201412 yr Author Gordon will still play a big part in the show, but so will Batman’s most famous villains. We’ll see the early careers and origins of The Joker, Catwoman, Penguin, The Riddler, and more. “We’re not starting in that world where the villains are in costume. You see markers for it that are kind of delicious. You begin to see the evolution of the eccentricities that become those characters, but you really sort of arc there. We don’t start out in capes and costumes.” Reilly explained. Lastly, Reilly confirmed that Gotham will be separate from Batman vs. Superman, and anything else Warner Bros. does on the big screen. So there won’t be any TV/movie crossovers. 'Gotham' TV series will feature Batman, Joker, Catwoman, Riddler, and more - Batman News
January 14, 201412 yr Author Count me in for this one, but it'll be hard for anyone to top Gary Oldman's take on Jim Gordon.
February 9, 201412 yr Author Fox's 'Batman' prequel casts 'Southland' star in lead role | Inside TV | EW.com ^ Jim Gordon has been cast.
February 9, 201412 yr Fox's 'Batman' prequel casts 'Southland' star in lead role | Inside TV | EW.com ^ Jim Gordon has been cast. I was a huge Southland fan and I think he could do a great job at it.
February 19, 201412 yr Author Jada Pinkett-Smith has been cast for the character Fish Mooney, who is a gangster boss/nightclub owner that is a bit on the crazy but brilliant side. She is also the boss of one Oswald Cobblepot. Fox's 'Batman' prequel casts Jada Pinkett Smith as... | Inside TV | EW.com
February 19, 201412 yr I'm intrigued by this show. I started watching Smallville (CW's retelling of the early years of Superman) late in the series and other then a lackluster finale enjoyed what I saw. I haven't watched Arrow because Green Arrow isn't one of my favorite comic book characters.
February 19, 201412 yr Author I'm intrigued by this show. Same here. I think it'll either bomb or be a huge success.
February 19, 201412 yr I'm intrigued by this show. I started watching Smallville (CW's retelling of the early years of Superman) late in the series and other then a lackluster finale enjoyed what I saw. I haven't watched Arrow because Green Arrow isn't one of my favorite comic book characters. I've met the guy that played Lex Luther on Smallville several times. I use to play in a whiffle ball tournament he plays in every year here locally.
March 14, 201412 yr Author Official show synopsis: Growing up in Gotham City's surrounding suburbs, James Gordon (Ben McKenzie, "Southland," "The O.C.") romanticized the city as a glamorous and exciting metropolis where his late father once served as a successful district attorney. Now, two weeks into his new job as a Gotham City detective and engaged to his beloved fiancée, Barbara Kean (Erin Richards, "Open Grave," "Breaking In"), Gordon is living his dream — even as he hopes to restore the city back to the pure version he remembers it was as a kid. Brave, honest and ready to prove himself, the newly-minted detective is partnered with the brash, but shrewd police legend Harvey Bullock (Donal Logue, "Sons of Anarchy," "Terriers," "Vikings," "Copper"), as the two stumble upon the city's highest-profile case ever: the murder of local billionaires Thomas and Martha Wayne. At the scene of the crime, Gordon meets the sole survivor: the Waynes' hauntingly intense 12-year-old son, Bruce (David Mazouz, "Touch"), toward whom the young detective feels an inexplicable kinship. Moved by the boy's profound loss, Gordon vows to catch the killer. As he navigates the often-underhanded politics of Gotham's criminal justice system, Gordon will confront imposing gang boss Fish Mooney (Jada Pinkett Smith, The "Matrix" films, "HawthoRNe," "Collateral"), and many of the characters who will become some of fiction's most renowned, enduring villains, including a teenaged Selina Kyle/the future Catwoman (acting newcomer Camren Bicondova) and Oswald Cobblepot/The Penguin (Robin Lord Taylor, "The Walking Dead," "Another Earth"). Although the crime drama will follow Gordon's turbulent and singular rise through the Gotham City police department, led by Police Captain Sarah Essen (Zabryna Guevara, "Burn Notice"), it also will focus on the unlikely friendship Gordon forms with the young heir to the Wayne fortune, who is being raised by his unflappable butler, Alfred (Sean Pertwee, "Camelot," "Elementary"). It is a friendship that will last them all of their lives, playing a crucial role in helping the young boy eventually become the crusader he's destined to be. 'Gotham' Revealed: Your First Look At Fox's Batman Series | MTV.com
March 14, 201412 yr ^ I've never seen the show, so I'll take your word for it. :thumb: Southland was an awesome show that struggled to get its name out there to a good audience base. If you see it on somewhere I'd suggest checking it out. Still managed to run 4 or 5 seasons.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.