Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gotham (FOX TV Series)

Featured Replies

I stayed watching but I'm not sure why. It really doesn't do much for me at all.

  • Replies 177
  • Views 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Things are starting back up tonight. I'm looking forward to it. Who else still plans on watching?

 

Me...but I can't watch it live tonight...will record for later.

For some reason, I did not like last night's episode. Maybe it was the whole insane thing.

  • Author
Things are starting back up tonight. I'm looking forward to it. Who else still plans on watching?

 

It's DVR'd.

Found it pretty boring. The main story line last night just didn't do it for me -- even with Clay Davis guest-starring and the super hot Mrs. Brody.

Found it pretty boring. The main story line last night just didn't do it for me -- even with Clay Davis guest-starring and the super hot Mrs. Brody.

 

Anna from "V" is what I remember most about her.

I thought it was kind of boring as well...even though they did surprise me by pulling out two Batman villains that came about right in the wheelhouse of my comic book reading heyday (the Electrocutioner/Jack Gruber/Lester Buchinsky and Amygdala/Aaron Helzinger).

 

In my opinion, they're trying to set up too many characters all at one time. One of the things that I think they struggle to come to terms with when writing this series is that comics are about as episodic as you can get. The show's writers want to weave everyone in the Batman/Gotham world into one complex tapestry that you can stand back and appreciate all at the same time, when the characters and backstories they have to pull from just weren't created that way. Batman/Gotham has three-quarters of a century of backstories and characters at this point they need to pick a handful of characters to work with at a time, and just go with those for a bit.

 

Let's look at last night. In one episode we saw separate stories (show segments with characters involving little or no shared screen time with anyone else) developing between: 1) Jim Gordon and Dr. Thompkins, 2) Selina Kyle and Poison Ivy, 3) Butch Gilzean and that Saviano guy, 4) Barbara Kean and Renee Montoya. Then there were also scenes developing the story lines of The Penguin, Don Maroni and Fish Mooney, plus the introduction of two new villains in Jack Gruber and Aaron Helzinger, as well as working the whole Arkham Asylum setting into the series. That was WAY too much going on for a single hour-long episode.

 

Plain and simple...they needed to cut down what/whom they are trying to focus on in each episode or they're going to lose viewers because they're boring them by only giving little pieces of action for each character.

I'm still watching, but overall I've thought the whole series is kind of boring. If I had ever read the Batman comics, I can see myself liking it more. I'm not entirely sure why I'm still watching. Guess I just can't quit something once I start.

  • Author

Series has been sluggish at times, but I thought the Scarecrow storyline was pretty good stuff. And it appears we'll have the introduction of The Joker in the next episode.

It was interesting to see the confrontation between the Penguin and the Riddler.

Joker character actually seemed like a decent mix of Heath Ledger and Jack Nicholas.

Joker character actually seemed like a decent mix of Heath Ledger and Jack Nicholas.

 

Yes he did. He was very good

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.