Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gotham (FOX TV Series)

Featured Replies

I've now seen the first three. Liked them pretty well. I wish it was less episodic, but having a new bad guy or new thing every week seems to be what networks want to do. I had hoped that the success of LOST would have shown networks that serials like this can work in primetime but we still seem to be stuck.

 

At least they're willing to do superhero/sci-fi/fantasy stuff at all nowdays so I shouldn't complain...

  • Replies 177
  • Views 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought tonight's episode was really solid. We saw notable steps forward in character development for Bullock and Nygma...continued with steps forward for Gordon, Cobblepot's characters and with just a little more development of the Selina Kyle/Bruce Wayne relationship. I thought the whole "goat" plot-line was fairly well done, while still maintaining obvious overall development of the major characters outside of the single episode's plot.

I'm 2 episode behind. I liked the shoe but have to say I much prefer the CW treatment of their DC properties Arrow and The Flash.

I just finished watching last night's episode. I can't believe there aren't any post about it yet. Didn't anybody watch it? Best episode yet.

I just finished watching last night's episode. I can't believe there aren't any post about it yet. Didn't anybody watch it? Best episode yet.

 

Solid episode, I agree!!!

That was easily the best yet. All of these pieces moving are starting to lineup and make sense.

I really liked the flashback to explain the Penguin "snitch" angle.

Definitely liked Monday's episode. I'd probably agree that it's the best one yet. However, man am I sick of the way Jada Pinkett-Smith plays the Fish Mooney character...what a bunch of crappy, crappy overacting.

Definitely liked Monday's episode. I'd probably agree that it's the best one yet. However, man am I sick of the way Jada Pinkett-Smith plays the Fish Mooney character...what a bunch of crappy, crappy overacting.

 

I think all of the actors/actresses (maybe with the exception of Gordon and the young Bruce Wayne) play "over the top" characters on purpose (like in the comic books). I am enjoying the stereotypes. It seems like the gangster characters would be better suited for 1920's Chicago (then I remember it plays as modern day).

I think all of the actors/actresses (maybe with the exception of Gordon and the young Bruce Wayne) play "over the top" characters on purpose (like in the comic books). I am enjoying the stereotypes. It seems like the gangster characters would be better suited for 1920's Chicago (then I remember it plays as modern day).

 

I agree that most of the characters are over the top in some way, shape, or form...particularly Penguin. But for some reason or other Fish Mooney really gets on my nerves.

  • Author

Didn't care for the fall finale, but the show overall has gotten better.

Alfred killed somebody tonight. Frigging awesome!
Alfred Pennyworth is a certified BA!
Didn't care for the fall finale, but the show overall has gotten better.

 

Yeah me neither, but I agree: the arc of the show has gotten better. I hope they move even more away from the episodic tendencies in the second half. Really curious to see what they do with the Arkham angle.

Alfred Pennyworth is a certified BA!

 

In the current incarnation of the comic character Alfred is a former MI5 agent with extensive "spy" experience. I watched the first 4 episodes and have the rest DVRed but I've sort of lost interest. As I said earlier I really like what The CW is doing with their DC characters much better.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.