Having interest in college teams other than UK and Louisville

Waldo

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lindsey Wilson isn't number 2. They are having a tough season so far.

Pikeville is No. 1 in the NAIA D1. Bellarmine is No. 2 in NCAA DII. The Knights just broke Drury's 34-game winning streak.

Morehead, Murray and Eastern all have a shot to win the OVC this season.

NKU has a winning record in the A-SUN.

WKU will compete for the Sun Belt but just had a tough loss to Georgia State.

Kentucky Wesleyan went through turmoil early but has it turned around now. They are 5-0 in GMAC and Happy is going for win No. 500 tomorrow.

Georgetown and St. Catharine are both in the NAIA DI top 25 this week.

Union College is having a solid season. Asbury isn't bad in the KIAC.

Centre College is solid again, as always. Coach Mason does a great job there.

Sorry just going by word of mouth from someone who was at the game, can't listen to anybody anymore.

Lot of Kentucky kids having success at the D2 and other levels. Quality of play is very good at the D2, D3 & NAIA levels. Student athletes get an opportunity to continue to play the game and outside of D3 get an opportunity to get some education costs covered.

Was up at Findlay (D2) last week and it was a great venue to watch a college game. It was a packed gym on a snowy Thursday night.

Given how much success is determined by regional recruiting in Divisions II and III, it goes to show just how much serious basketball is being played at the prep level here in Kentucky. Lots of lesser-recruited, high-quality players from the Commonwealth going on to real success at places like KWC and Bellarmine.

I would like to see more interest in Ky Collegiate Basketball discussing other teams :sssh: in the state. It seems as though the only interest is with Ky or Louisville. I like the OVC teams as well as the NAIA teams but they are never discussed. Is there no interest at all in those teams.

I think this parallels the thread about the lack of interest in girls hoops as well. Those two D1 programs have a better product. If nothing is going on, junkies (and alumni) will watch an alternative. I had a wonderful day where I watched 2 High school games, a D3 game than a D2 game. The day just kept getting better as did the level of basketball. Throw in the fact you can actually watch UK or UL on TV and you get to know the players and it makes them easier to follow.

For the record, Bellermine has a great atmosphere for a game. Had to buy upper arena seats since the lower are sold out for the year.