Having interest in college teams other than UK and Louisville

Waldo

I would like to see more interest in Ky Collegiate Basketball discussing other teams :sssh: in the state. It seems as though the only interest is with Ky or Louisville. I like the OVC teams as well as the NAIA teams but they are never discussed. Is there no interest at all in those teams.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bellarmine just beat the defending national champion and No. 3 team in Division II last night. I read the article in the paper.

But I'm not an alumnus and other than driving past Bellarmine's gym a couple times a week, I don't really have any connection to them.

Would love it if there was some D-II and D-III talk in here.

Would DEFINITELY like to see more about WKU. Maybe I'll start in on that...

Bellarmine just beat the defending national champion and No. 3 team in Division II last night. I read the article in the paper.

But I'm not an alumnus and other than driving past Bellarmine's gym a couple times a week, I don't really have any connection to them.

Their games are usually pretty fun to go to, especially if it's a big game.

Would love it if there was some D-II and D-III talk in here.

Would DEFINITELY like to see more about WKU. Maybe I'll start in on that...

Me too. I would like some discussion on Eastern, Western, Pikeville Georgetown ,Cumberland, Ky Wes, NKU, Bellarmine and other small schools. I like UK but like others also.

Their games are usually pretty fun to go to, especially if it's a big game.

Are Bellarmine games still selling out like they used to? Last minute, a friend and I decided to go to a game and it was sold out and we were told that several games that season were sold out. If this sell out trend continues, Bellarmine may want to consider moving their bigger games to Broadbent Arena/Louisville Gardens/Freedom Hall. If that works out, maybe make one of those three venues their permanent home. Any of those three venues I believe would put Bellarmine over the capacity floor needed to be a Div 1 school should Bellarmine ever want to go Div 1.

Georgetown and Pikeville have nice squads this season.

Article here on G'town's latest win and breakout performance by former Mason County Royal Russ Middleton.

Georgetown College News

I read early this morning and saw where Russ had a great game last night against Campbellsville. I love to go to those Georgetown games.

As an alum, I keep up with Morehead and it is discussed here to some extent, but I could do more.

Yea, I go to some of Morehead's games also. Sorry I left them out on my list. My wife went to Morehead Uni.

They play at The Cumberlands a week from Saturday. Cumberlands went to Georgetown and gave them all they wanted a few weeks ago. Should be a good game.

Love NAIA basketball. Since I played at a NAIA school and know how good the basketball is at those schools.