Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

No Rick Pitino Press Conference Following The UK Game

Featured Replies

Yep. If not for Pitino returning UK to glory and back to #1 program status then people would have had more patience with Tubby and Billy G and both would have been given longer chances to succeed.

 

Joe Hall and Tubby Smith had similar tenures at UK. So does Pitino get credit for Joe Hall's length of time to succeed?

  • Replies 67
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GT: Matt Jones says that Pitino has his presser outside the locker room to limit the audience and questions. Any truth to that?

GT: Matt Jones says that Pitino has his presser outside the locker room to limit the audience and questions. Any truth to that?

 

He does it when they visit UC and the media throng is pretty minor to put it mildly. Never asked why, just know that is how he does things...

I didnt like Pitino at UK. He was the reason Laettner made that shot, and I still hate him for that :lol2: Seriously though, the only reason I dont like him is because hes at UL. 17 years is a long time ago, and most my memories now are with him wearing that stupid red, and really make me realize his shortcomings as a coach and person.

Also, do you think UNC fans would hate Roy if he went to Duke, or Duke fans hate Coach K if he went to UNC?

Also, do you think UNC fans would hate Roy if he went to Duke, or Duke fans hate Coach K if he went to UNC?

 

Most of them would. And they should.

If I knew about it, it couldn't have been much of a secret. But, of course this started with Matt Jones who is probably the exact person that started it 2 years ago as well, so.......

 

Nah wasn't Jones bringing it up this year, it started with the TV reporters live (WKYT) after the game...they brought it up several times that he didn't do a post game interview and then did mention that he spoke to some press in the hallway. I'm betting Jones did discuss it today on KSR but I don't know what he said about it.

You think the program is where it is today because of Rick Pitino? Did you think the same thing when Billy Clyde was coaching at UK? Pitino left UK 17 years ago.

 

I'm a firm believer that one of the reasons Coach Cal is at UK is because of the impact the 96 team had on him as an opposing coach.

Nah wasn't Jones bringing it up this year, it started with the TV reporters live (WKYT) after the game...they brought it up several times that he didn't do a post game interview and then did mention that he spoke to some press in the hallway. I'm betting Jones did discuss it today on KSR but I don't know what he said about it.

 

Yes Dave Baker and Rob Bromley was all over this when the game was over.

Why don't all press members in other cities get their panties in a twist over this?

Why don't all press members in other cities get their panties in a twist over this?

 

Because Matt Jones is a clown and a disgrace to the media.

Because Matt Jones is a clown and a disgrace to the media.

 

He is not the one that mentioned it first. It was CBS sports announcers after the game.

  • Author
Obviously looking for something to cry about with Pitino. As a UK fan I grew tired of the Pitino bashing a long time ago. The program is where it is today because of Rick. The cry of him becoming coach of the arch enemy is stupid and childish IMO.

 

Not actually looking for a reason to bash him, just making an observation. And I didn't hear of it from Matt Jones or KSR, I heard the crew doing the national tv broadcast of the game mention that Pitino wouldn't be making himself available in the post-game press conference.

 

I'd say the same if it were Cal, Tubby, Billy G, etc. Also, I'll stand by saying I don't think it's as big of an issue as it seemed if not for the Behanan situation and/or loss.

 

I think it's unprofessional to get some success like he's had and to do something like that. All the other coaches do it. If there were a halfway decent reason, it'd be fine by me. I think that there are likely plenty of other coaches who dread doing it, but suck it up and do it anyway. I'm going to go out on a limb and say he didn't pull this kind of thing early in his career.

Father Rick does no wrong ask UL people...he could suspend the entire team and play them the same night and no UL fan would say anything. Puppets meet string.

Father Rick does no wrong ask UL people...he could suspend the entire team and play them the same night and no UL fan would say anything. Puppets meet string.

 

Do you read your posts before pressing the submit button?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.