Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

No Rick Pitino Press Conference Following The UK Game

Featured Replies

Joe Hall and Tubby Smith had similar tenures at UK. So does Pitino get credit for Joe Hall's length of time to succeed?

 

Why do more people love Joe B than Pitino? Pitino did more IMO.

  • Replies 67
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why do more people love Joe B than Pitino? Pitino did more IMO.

 

Because Pitino came to Louisville...

Also, do you think UNC fans would hate Roy if he went to Duke, or Duke fans hate Coach K if he went to UNC?

 

The situations aren't remotely comparable.

 

I would despise the ground Coach K walks on but I wouldn't discredit his career at Duke and what he made Duke. This scenario isn't remotely comparable or plausible though.

The situations aren't remotely comparable.

 

I would despise the ground Coach K walks on but I wouldn't discredit his career at Duke and what he made Duke. This scenario isn't remotely comparable or plausible though.

 

How is it not comparable? I don't discredit Pitinos career at UK because he did great things. But 17 years ago is a long time, he's burned a lot of bridges in that time span with UK.

 

Not actually looking for a reason to bash him, just making an observation. And I didn't hear of it from Matt Jones or KSR, I heard the crew doing the national tv broadcast of the game mention that Pitino wouldn't be making himself available in the post-game press conference.

 

I'd say the same if it were Cal, Tubby, Billy G, etc. Also, I'll stand by saying I don't think it's as big of an issue as it seemed if not for the Behanan situation and/or loss.

 

I think it's unprofessional to get some success like he's had and to do something like that. All the other coaches do it. If there were a halfway decent reason, it'd be fine by me. I think that there are likely plenty of other coaches who dread doing it, but suck it up and do it anyway. I'm going to go out on a limb and say he didn't pull this kind of thing early in his career.

 

So you are upset he didn't change what he does for EVERY road game because he was at Rupp. Funny...

Why do more people love Joe B than Pitino? Pitino did more IMO.

 

It's as much about who and what they are as what they did...Joe comes off as everyone's Grandfather and Rick comes off as everyone's Drunk Uncle.

 

FWIW Joe was NOT beloved when he was coaching at UK...that didn't happen to after he retired.

Don't discount what Joe B did either...he followed Rupp and elevated Kentucky Basketball on the court. Look at the guys that followed other legendary coaches, in almost every case the program slipped back and the coach got fired or resigned after not being able to do the job up to expectations.

 

Marcus Hall did not play in the MSU game per UMs call you make it so easy Woody...

try to check your facts before just throwing stuff out hoping it sticks.

 

So I guess that makes UM the reverse Pitino, says he won't suspend a player but after thinking it through he does suspend a player for a championship game.

So you are upset he didn't change what he does for EVERY road game because he was at Rupp. Funny...

 

I would say some media members have a problem with Rick hand selecting the reporters who he meets outside the locker room so he can get favorable questions. Maybe like a guy he coauthored a book with. The fact he always does it , doesn't make it any less bush league.

Off topic and false data' date=' the player was suspended... Back to Pitino..[/quote'] Not off topic at all. And what did you just say about Pitino flip flopping in the other thread?
Because Matt Jones is a clown and a disgrace to the media.

 

You mean the same Matt Jones you tried to discredit on his original reports of Chane which now look completely true ?

You mean the same Matt Jones you tried to discredit on his original reports of Chane which now look completely true ?

 

What original reports?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.