Mr. Basketball Predictions

Who Wins The 2014 Kentucky Mr. Basketball Award?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins The 2014 Kentucky Mr. Basketball Award?

• Christen Cunningham, Cordia
    • Jackson Davis, Lafayette
    • Trent Gilbert, Scott County
    • Jordan Green, Henry Clay
    • Shane Hall, Johnson Central
    • Brandon Hatton, Dixie Heights
    • Justin Johnson, Perry Central
    • Kelan Martin, Ballard
    • Quentin Snider, Ballard
    • Other (Name In Comments)

I usually go against players who have another strong candidate playing on their own team, but I think Quentin Snider is a solid front runner early on. He's got the commitment to Louisville, which may end up hurting him, but in a year where other top talent from the area was lost to other schools (e.g., D'Angelo Russell going to Montverde), I like his chances.

Maybe if he has a big year, I can see Jordan Green of Henry Clay getting it if the team exceeds expectations and gets to Rupp and makes a run since it'd be a bit of a feel good story. If I'm picking a dark horse, it's him.

I would think Jackson Davis is one of the favorites and having a good image with his academics in order, etc. certainly won't hurt his chances.

Jackson Davis has had a heck of a career. He's been playing Varsity since 7th grade, and has been a captain since he was a Freshman. He will be the best player to ever come out of Lafayette, and thats saying a lot for a school that has 6 state championships, 3 previous Mr. Basketball's, and 3 future NBA players (that I can think of). That being said if Quentin Snider does as expected and his team also does as expected, it would be hard not to give it to Snider.

I'm gonna say Green. I think that Martin will take some of the juice away because he's Snider's teammate. If I had to pick one to start my team, I'd take Snider.

I'd be fine with Green. I can see the Snider/Martin scenario taking place but most people seem to agree that Snider is the better player and I think that may help in that decision. I know Willis/Troutman had that scenario last season but I don't see Martin taking away Snider's thunder like Troutman did to Willis for part of last season.

I'd be fine with Green. I can see the Snider/Martin scenario taking place but most people seem to agree that Snider is the better player and I think that may help in that decision. I know Willis/Troutman had that scenario last season but I don't see Martin taking away Snider's thunder like Troutman did to Willis for part of last season.

I think it's kinda like Eastern's team a few years ago. So many stars it's hard to say one is better. But I agree with you that Snider is the forerunner.