Ohio State's Schedule is AT LEAST as Bad as Louisville's

02Ram54

Remember, kids: I didn't say it.

9. Wisconsin at Ohio State, 8 ET (ABC)

The Buckeyes begin their gauntlet of a Big Ten schedule. And by "gauntlet of a Big Ten schedule," I mean they play no teams currently ranked in the Top 16.

Louisville's weak schedule has gotten a ton of attention, but Ohio State's pathetic schedule has received little. It should be getting AT LEAST as much.

The Big Ten is awful.

Ohio State better dominate. If so, it starts here.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But I did say this:

John Anthony is harder on Louisville and Bridgewater than most with good reason; it might not be true of every team and every QB, but an unbeatean UofL and Teddy would leapfrog a one-loss OSU and Braxton Miller to the championship and Heisman. The B1G isn't the most revered conference in post-season play, and Ohio State's schedule is only considered a small step up from Louisville's by the talking heads who think football begins and ends with the SEC.

And, yes, I admit to taking a little liberty with the headline.:lol2:

There it is. :lol2:

:lol2: I had to.

In all seriousness though, there are a good 4-5 (I'll amend my previous list to remove Penn State) teams on Ohio State's schedule that would be the toughest opponent Louisville would play all season. While it's a relatively weak schedule, it's no where close to as bad as UofL's.

:lol2: I had to.

In all seriousness though, there are a good 4-5 (I'll amend my previous list to remove Penn State) teams on Ohio State's schedule that would be the toughest opponent Louisville would play all season. While it's a relatively weak schedule, it's no where close to as bad as UofL's.

Penn State is several teams now? I know the NCAA is going to give them back some scholarships, but I had no idea it was so many.

I think you could safely strike Michigan as well, for the record. I would take UCF over the Wolverines in a heartbeat.

Penn State is several teams now? I know the NCAA is going to give them back some scholarships, but I had no idea it was so many.

I think you could safely strike Michigan as well, for the record. I would take UCF over the Wolverines in a heartbeat.

Huh? In the previous thread, I listed 6 teams, including Penn State. I'll remove them from my list.

No one on UofL's schedule would be favored against Michigan, Wisconsin, Northwestern, Illinois, or IMO Iowa.

Huh? In the previous thread, I listed 6 teams, including Penn State. I'll remove them from my list.

No one on UofL's schedule would be favored against Michigan, Wisconsin, Northwestern, Illinois, or IMO Iowa.

You listed 7. Go back and check.

And what have the Wolverines done that makes you so sure they would be favored over UCF if they played that game in Orlando? Have you watched them? Gardner is terrible.

You listed 7. Go back and check.

And what have the Wolverines done that makes you so sure they would be favored over UCF if they played that game in Orlando? Have you watched them? Gardner is terrible.

I haven't missed a Michigan game in a very long time.

Gardner is not terrible, he's not great by any stretch, but he's serviceable for the offense they run. Their major problem is they play to the level of their competition. I'm very confident Michigan would not only be favored over UCF, they'd beat them.

And I'm not the only person who thinks that UCF is better than a few of those teams, as UCF is:

a) currently just outside the Top 25 at #27, and

b) less than a TD underdog to Bama. How many of those teams do you think Vegas would peg as within a touchdown of the Crimson Tide?

And I'm not the only person who thinks that UCF is better than a few of those teams, as UCF is:

a) currently just outside the Top 25 at #27, and

b) less than a TD underdog to Bama. How many of those teams do you think Vegas would peg as within a touchdown of the Crimson Tide?

Any team ranked higher than them in those rankings....

I haven't missed a Michigan game in a very long time.

Gardner is not terrible, he's not great by any stretch, but he's serviceable for the offense they run. Their major problem is they play to the level of their competition. I'm very confident Michigan would not only be favored over UCF, they'd beat them.

Gardner has thrown more interceptions than touchdowns, and even accounting for his work on the ground it's only 12 toundowns to 10 turnovers. There is no modern offense in which that is serviceable, and certainly not compiled against a schedule of:

Central Michigan

Akron

Notre Dame

Connecticut