Pacman arrested....again

I guess a young black guy driving a reasonably nice car is "suspicious," even today. :idunno:
For the cop people on here, if you are pulled over, even for a routine stop or a warning, do the cops have to file any type of a report for that? I understand filing a report in the event of a car wreck or when a crime has taken place but what about in a situation like this?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was stopped two Saturday's ago. About 7:30 pm I think... Cop was driving through my apartment complex, and when he passed me, I hadn't put on my seat belt yet (I usually don't snap it on until the stop sign at the main road). So I'm driving along and see a car speeding up behind me, turns out it was that cop, and he lit me up. So I pulled over, having no idea at that point why. He said I needed to wear my seat belt (I had it on at this point, because I put it on where I usually do). I explained why it wasn't on when he passed me, and he seemed to understand. Took my info back to his car, and a couple minutes later came back and asked me to step out of the car. So I got out, walked to the back where he and now his partner were standing. Asked me where I worked, how long I'd worked there, how long I'd lived where I do... Answered all those questions. Asked if I had any weapons on me, I said no. He then asked if he could pat me down, so I agreed (even though I didn't want to). Didn't find anything, so he asked if I had been drinking, which I hadn't. Then he asked if I was sure, and I told them yes. Next he asked if I had anything in the car, and if they could search it. I said that there wasn't anything in the car, but that they could search it if they really felt the need. He then said "So you don't care if we search your car?" to which I again said no, I didn't care... They looked at me for a few seconds, then handed me my things and told me to have a good night... I found that whole encounter really strange. Anybody have any insight as to what might have caused all that?

Sounds like a couple of cops trying to "produce" that are learning on the job.

I really wouldn't sweat it, you are a number to them.

John Anthony is on the right course in my opinion.

For the cop people on here, if you are pulled over, even for a routine stop or a warning, do the cops have to file any type of a report for that? I understand filing a report in the event of a car wreck or when a crime has taken place but what about in a situation like this?

In short no. However, there could be some type of federal mandate making them collect some basic statistics about all encounters but again in short no report.