Covington Catholic 3 Cooper 2

CCH has never shied away from a tough schedule and it's one of the reasons they attract quality players.

- Boone County tonight

- Cincinnati St. X on Thursday

- Summit Country Day on Saturday (Summit is #1 in Ohio in Division 3 I think)

Yes, they could lose all three, especially this year. I'd still rather play those teams than line up some patsies. St. Henry, Ryle, Boone.......I believe have been playing similar schedules lately.

CCH combined record against " Quality Opponents " to this point: McNicholas, Trinity, Elder, Lexington Catholic, Seven Hills, Highlands, NCC, Boone County

Record: 2-5 PA 21 PF 6

CCH combined record against "Patsies " : Simon Kenton, Campbell County, Conner, Cooper

Record: 3-0-1 PA 6 PF 21

Unless there is some conspiracy by the referees, the FACTS would suggest CCH is a middle of the road team, in what is a down year in NKY soccer.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CCH combined record against " Quality Opponents " to this point: McNicholas, Trinity, Elder, Lexington Catholic, Seven Hills, Highlands, NCC, Boone County

Record: 2-5 PA 21 PF 6

CCH combined record against "Patsies " : Simon Kenton, Campbell County, Conner, Cooper

Record: 3-0-1 PA 6 PF 21

Unless there is some conspiracy by the referees, the FACTS would suggest CCH is a middle of the road team, in what is a down year in NKY soccer.

Nobody on the CCH side would argue with your statement that CCH is a middle of the road team this year on a statewide basis. I've said that myself a number of times. Still one of the top 4-5 in N. Ky. even in a very down year for them. Not sure what your point is. They play a tough schedule every year and will be lucky to be .500 overall this year. They are still a handful for any team in N. Ky. and that's a testament to the quality of their program given they have a team that is not very good by their standards.

Not to make excuses, but this is a very young CCH team. Last night it started five sophomores, and two juniors that play U-16.

I don't think that's an excuse, but consider this, Cooper started 4 freshmen, 3 sophomores, 2 juniors, and one senior against you.

Bottom line is... I said going into the season CCH would be about .500 this year. Pretty close to where they are. The fact that they are young is not an excuse, but an explanation of why they are around .500. Still, they can compete with anyone in Northern Ky. No offense red card, but despite the close score against CCH, I don't think the same can be said of Cooper. Maybe next year.

Bottom line is... I said going into the season CCH would be about .500 this year. Pretty close to where they are. The fact that they are young is not an excuse, but an explanation of why they are around .500. Still, they can compete with anyone in Northern Ky. No offense red card, but despite the close score against CCH, I don't think the same can be said of Cooper. Maybe next year.

I'd agree that .500 is about where most people associated w/ the program figured they'd be given their age and the schedule they face. And Cooper may have been young too but without Ross and O'Brien......there didn't seem to be a huge talent pool. CCH has a good, solid junior class........a huge and talented sophomore class.......and a big talented frosh class that just won the frosh regional tournament.

Ryle and St. Henry also field young teams I think. Of course the key is good young talent and not just young talent.

I'd agree that .500 is about where most people associated w/ the program figured they'd be given their age and the schedule they face. And Cooper may have been young too but without Ross and O'Brien......there didn't seem to be a huge talent pool. CCH has a good, solid junior class........a huge and talented sophomore class.......and a big talented frosh class that just won the frosh regional tournament.

Ryle and St. Henry also field young teams I think. Of course the key is good young talent and not just young talent.

I think I have conceded a talent discrepancy between the two schools from the get go gentlemen. I even recall saying you won the game fair and square and congratulated you for doing so when not playing your best. You have consistently responded with excuses, insults to Cooper's players, and snide comments toward their fans.....Why don't we just move on and let this go.

I think I have conceded a talent discrepancy between the two schools from the get go gentlemen. I even recall saying you won the game fair and square and congratulated you for doing so when not playing your best. You have consistently responded with excuses, insults to Cooper's players, and snide comments toward their fans.....Why don't we just move on and let this go.

Well, not really but you are welcome to your opinion. If saying that Cooper did not have a huge talent pool other than Ross and O'Brien gets you upset there is nothing I can do about that. Certainly not an "insult".

I did see this as well.

As unpleasant as the truth may be sometimes, it doesn't change the facts. The problem with you guys is you seem to think a jersey that says COV CATH on the front of it automatically makes you a better player or team, it doesn't, I'm sorry.

I have some numbers for Rick's chip removal service if the one on your shoulder gets to heavy

While Cooper and a number of other schools in NKY can only aspire to your mediocrity, pretentious snobbery is a luxury afforded to teams that dominate on the field, not through a collection of tunnel blind, internet mouthpieces.