Everything posted by Offsides
-
District 37 Scott vs Campbell County
No. He wasn't awarded an assist on that goal. Litzler had the assist on that one.
-
District 37 Scott vs Campbell County
I was not talking specifically about you, just parents in general keeping stats. I'm sure you do a fine job.
-
District 37 Scott vs Campbell County
The parents could be knowledgeable about the game, probably are. However, there is probably a bias. Maybe subconsciously... or not.
-
District 37 Scott vs Campbell County
Maybe you've missed too many games this year groin. That's not been CCH's problem. It's finishing their chances front of goal. Opportunities have been there.
- District 35 CCH V Holmes
-
Covington Catholic 6 Simon Kenton 1
It's not a sufficient condition as we learned last year. (and several times this year)
-
St Henry/Paul Laurence Dunbar cancelled (weather/refs)
They do all dress the same. Well, except for the hip hop ref we've had several times. No flat billed hat, but definitely gangsta.
-
Scott 10 Pendleton County 0
I heard Treadway received a yellow. Anyone know for what?
-
Holy Cross 2 Holmes 1
When are the regionals?
-
Regionals JV and Freshman......Covington Catholic High School victorious
Agree. They haven't shown the composure I would have expected from them. Especially passing. Not enough, and not good enough. Always seem to be wanting to go forward with the dribble or pass whether there is space or not. I would say they are one of the favorites, not the favorite. Feel they were playing better this time last year, and look what happened. Can't miss anymore opportunities right in front of goal, or I see another shoot out loss.
-
Holy Cross 2 Holmes 1
Who is not being fair?
-
Disqualifications
And then there was the player for Scott who took out Robert Lilly who was standing 10 feet out of bounds going to get the ball for a throw in as the final whistle sounds. Both going for the ball I guess? I'm sure Scott will not deal with that either. He was probably congratulated. Despite what Scott fans say, these are not things that other teams do. Unfortunately I don't have a picture or I would post it.
-
Disqualifications
Playing the ball? Hard to say he didn't know where the goalie was because his eyes were on the ball. Goalie is out with a concussion. Scott needs to stop all the complaining and address some issues. Is this a designed play? If so, the coach needs to be sanctioned. If not, the player does. Yellow? Should have been straight red as the CCH fans were calling for. The only time I heard the CCH fans "bad mouth" the Scott players.
-
Covington Catholic 1 East Central (IN) 1
Sam Romes (G) and Jacob Nurre (D) are out with concussions. This late in the season, I don't think they can afford to lose anyone.
-
Covington Catholic 1 East Central (IN) 1
Love your optimism. I would like to see a little more consistency at this point.
-
St. Henry 4 Male 1
But probably not predictive of a 4-1 scoreline.
-
Covington Catholic 6 Conner 0
Austin Flynn had the other goal for CCH
-
Covington Catholic 6 Conner 0
Groinpull, Did you miss another one? No post?
-
Covington Catholic 6 Conner 0
Park Hills
-
Conner/Covcath Predictions?
Covcath does have this game before the Scott game on Thursday.
-
Covington Catholic 1 Summit Country Day (OH) 1
What?
-
Covington Catholic 1 Summit Country Day (OH) 1
That's a ridiculous statement. Take the top 4 players off from the front six of any team in N Ky and tell me they wouldn't have a hard time scoring against the same schedule. The health issues really started with the Highlands game. They lost Schuh to a concussion in the first half, and Day was not expected to play but did and was not at full strength. Prior to the highlands game they were averaging 3 goals a game with their only shutout at Trinity. I guess they could have lined up some teams where they could have put up 10, but not sure that would have made them better. That said, you are correct... they are having trouble scoring in spots all year. In shut outs against Ryle and Trinity they had a couple chances in each game where it was probably harder not to score than score. Some players not getting it done need to step up. Conner will be the first game since the first half of Highlands where all starters are expected back.
-
St X(OH)/ Covington Catholic Predictions
I agree with everything you said. Just can't figure out why you can't "figure out the logic of playing GCL teams." Didn't you just answer that at the beginning of your paragraph? I have no doubt that Holy Cross is much better this year (really all three), and given the current state of CCH health who knows? Might be the year for Holy Cross. I was told that the other teams in the district did not want to play CCH. I could have been mis-informed. Holmes was on the schedule but cancelled because of the heat. You seem to be at a loss why they wouldn't want to play them. Just saying there may be a reason why they didn't want to.
- St X(OH)/ Covington Catholic Predictions
- St X(OH)/ Covington Catholic Predictions