Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

St X(OH)/ Covington Catholic Predictions

Featured Replies

Too many missing from CCH. Unfortunately, I'll probably lose a friendly lunch wager with my boss who is a St. X grad. Probably out for CCH: Ballow, Day, Kenney. Not sure on: Schuh, Litzler, Nurre. I say 3-0 St. X.

I think it could be worse than 3-0. In addition to the three you mentioned I believe Darpel and Nurre are out as well on the defensive side. I think they are going to be outmatched in this one. Full squad, I would like our chances against St. X.

For the record........I feel it needs to be put out there because I heard a couple of rumors......

 

TMK.....NO CCH soccer player is on suspension for academics........They have one player sitting out the last game of a suspension due to a hand ball red card in front of the goal in the 7 Hills game.........all others are injuries.....no dissent, no academics.........

 

What is funny.....heard the rumor, and the only player on suspension is actually in the Governor's Scholar Program........

Why does CC always play Ohio teams? Are there not enough good teams in ky?

I understand that these teams are better than some local squads but come on, who really cares who wins this game? I am all about playing better competition but don't see why you have to go out of state to get it. Does it really help the team?????

Since records really mean nothing, save for district record, why not test yourself? Kids like to say they played against so and so.

Mainly GCL opponents, similar schools/philosophies. Closer than driving to Louisville and points south.

Competitive games are better than blowouts. No offense to the river schools and small schools like HC and Latin, what does anyone get out of those games except playing time?

Why does CC always play Ohio teams? Are there not enough good teams in ky?

I understand that these teams are better than some local squads but come on, who really cares who wins this game? I am all about playing better competition but don't see why you have to go out of state to get it. Does it really help the team?????

 

To see a talent level and prepare for the speed and skill of the game that must be played to win state........and it is much, much closer than driving to Louisville.........

They have done this for years and have never won state, no Nky team has. It's been quite a while since they've won the region. I believe year in and year out they are the favorite to come out of Nky and they get the largest group of talent every year but still have not done anything different than anyone else from Nky. I know it's tradition to play those schools, but there is something said for doing the same things over and over and expecting different results. How many top level club players does Cov Cath have, I would venture to say more than anyone else in Nky correct?

Why can't they beat a Dunbar or trinity or St. X (ky) or win a state title, it just seems a bit insane. Why not go down to Lexington or Louisville to play the teams you are going to see at state? Wouldn't this help if you get there, wouldn't this be a better judgement on where you stand in the state and what you need to work on?

Just playing devils advocate here, I would like some insight to what others think.

Since records really mean nothing, save for district record, why not test yourself? Kids like to say they played against so and so.

Mainly GCL opponents, similar schools/philosophies. Closer than driving to Louisville and points south.

Competitive games are better than blowouts. No offense to the river schools and small schools like HC and Latin, what does anyone get out of those games except playing time?

I agree, not asking you why not play Holmes or HC, I'm asking why not play Dunbar or Woodford. Why do you have to travel, I'm sure those teams have busses as well

Just pointing it out but isn't the same reason that CCH plays Ohio teams the same reason why HC and Latin would want to play CCH? District schools should have the right to play their other district teams in my opinion.

Just pointing it out but isn't the same reason that CCH plays Ohio teams the same reason why HC and Latin would want to play CCH? District schools should have the right to play their other district teams in my opinion.

 

Not sure that HC, Holmes and Latin want to play CCH.

Why wouldn't they? They want to prepare for the speed of the game and play better competition. They have as many regional titles as Cov Cath does over the last 3 years.

Why wouldn't they? They want to prepare for the speed of the game and play better competition. They have as many regional titles as Cov Cath does over the last 3 years.

 

Well there you go then. You're a logical genius. Let me see if I can follow your logic and take it to its conclusion. Since none of them have a regional tittle, they must all be equally good. And, since they are all equally good, there is no sense in playing Cov Cath to play better competition. So, maybe they should be playing across the river to play better competition and prepare for the speed of the game.

 

Guess you'll just have to ask them why they are not.

No

No

No

I asked why they play across the river

I also said that Hc would play Cov Cath so they could prepare for districts

You may want to go double check what you have read

I asked why they play GCL teams instead on ky teams

You may want to go double check what you have read

 

Why wouldn't they? ... They have as many regional titles as Cov Cath does over the last 3 years.

 

What did I misread?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.