Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Bowling Green the best team in Ky?

Featured Replies

BG has a solid team, but they would be 0-3 playing the same Trinity schedule at this point.

 

I rank them as:

 

1. Trinity

2. Highlands

3. BG

 

Trinity would win by 2-3 TD's over BG on a neutral field...just my 2 cents.

Funny how people keep saying if BG played T's schedule they'd be 0-3....prove it.

Guess what? T is 1-2 so apparently T can't beat the teams either.

 

If T supporters keep saying they should be #1 then just beat the teams you schedule. It's not BG's fault that T is losing.

 

Guess what? BG is undefeated and T has 2 losses, quit trying to qualify your bias by making comments you can never prove to be correct.

  • Replies 439
  • Views 27.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author

This is why I think T is #1 and HHS is #2. It is all pretty simple. If T plays BG I think T wins. If HHS plays BG I think HHS wins..:thumb:

This is why I think T is #1 and HHS is #2. It is all pretty simple. If T plays BG I think T wins. If HHS plays BG I think HHS wins..:thumb:

 

Hahaha....whatever

  • Author
Hahaha....whatever

 

Pretty simple...............right? lol

Beat Highlands and Trinity. Then I will say yes

A very long thread so IMO Trinity is #1 and should be! Very seldom do HHS fans leave a field shaking their heads. A class organization and they play great football. Congrats to BG for being in the discussion. It looks like they have a great team this year. Hellbird stop rocking the boat and join UK #1 and be glad that your programs are being talked about. I truly believe SK is turning the corner and looks like a program with some consistency! Cooper needs to build on last years dream season. A very good feel good story!

Bowling Green likely beats a down Ensworth team this year. They would not run out of gas.

 

For what it's worth, Maxpreps has Ensworth ranked #11 in the nation.

For what it's worth, Maxpreps has Ensworth ranked #11 in the nation.

 

 

But the national rankings are garbage.:idunno:

 

 

 

Oh, my fault. They are only garbage when BG is mentioned in them higher than Highlands and Trinity. My bad.

I haven't seen BG or Trinity play (or any of the top teams for that matter), but there seems to be two schools of thought. One bunch feels that because of record alone, Trinity doesn't deserve to be ranked, and BG is more deserving. The other side, feels like strength of schedule is most important. Without the two teams playing (or 3 if you include Highlands), we'll never know. I think using record alone is just too short sighted....in 5A alone, there are 11 undefeated teams, 4 of which are averaging as many or more points per game as BG. By record and stats, these teams should be just as deserving as BG (not taking into account the past few years, just looking at this year only), yet none of them are even ranked (nor should they be). You just can't completely discount strength of schedule, especially the schedule that Trinity plays. Two close loses to nationally ranked teams doesn't make Trinity a bad team, just like 3 wins and a bunch of points scored doesn't make some of these other teams great (or even good). BG, Trinity, and Highlands are clearly the class of Ky. But until somebody instate knocks Trinity off (or if they start losing badly to out of state teams), they stay number 1 in my mind.

But the national rankings are garbage.:idunno:

 

 

 

Oh, my fault. They are only garbage when BG is mentioned in them higher than Highlands and Trinity. My bad.

 

I am with you PP92. I think BG should be #1, and Maxpreps agrees with us. I respect the schedule Trinity is playing tremendously, but you have to get wins no matter who is on the schedule.

So say Trinity beats St. X by a td or less.

 

Is BG better than Trinity then or does the whole 'rivalry game' become the new excuse?

A very long thread so IMO Trinity is #1 and should be! Very seldom do HHS fans leave a field shaking their heads. A class organization and they play great football. Congrats to BG for being in the discussion. It looks like they have a great team this year. Hellbird stop rocking the boat and join UK #1 and be glad that your programs are being talked about. I truly believe SK is turning the corner and looks like a program with some consistency! Cooper needs to build on last years dream season. A very good feel good story!

 

I'm not a BG fan first off, I am an unbiased football fan when it comes to this discussion, unlike you who have ties to one of the programs being discussed. I look at this with unbiased eyes.

I am with you PP92. I think BG should be #1, and Maxpreps agrees with us. I respect the schedule Trinity is playing tremendously, but you have to get wins no matter who is on the schedule.

 

This is where I am at.

 

 

It would be much easier for me to declare Trinity #1 if they had those same wins they were getting last year and the year before. They are losing those games now. We don't know how good Trinity is or how good their opponents are. We can only go off of national rankings that nobody takes into account anymore because they have BG as the highest ranked team in the state. It's just funny how that works now.

  • Author

When Highlands was in 5a they owned it never losing a game in what 4yrs? BG always had their opportunity to make it to the championship game to play the Birds. But what always happened? BG lost before they could get to the title game and HHS destroyed whoever made it in from the west. Call me skeptical but I have heard how good BG is for years. I know they always have good athletes and are well coached.. I will take HHS when they play anyone in the state other than Trinity.. There is no way in the world I would bet against Dale Mueller when he has a chance to game plan for a week. No way!!!!! When Urban Meyer comes to your school and tells you that you have the best off season training program that he has seen at the hs level. That is pretty special!!! GO BIRDS!!

So say Trinity beats St. X by a td or less.

 

Is BG better than Trinity then or does the whole 'rivalry game' become the new excuse?

 

What happens if Trinity puts a running clock on St X?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.