Highlands 50 Campbell County 8

Birdsfan

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like what Lickert is doing with the Camel program and wish him the best. They were simply out manned tonight but I think they gave sufficient effort. Wood and the Matthews kid played really hard and stood out to me. I heard Sauerback's named called a ton on defense as well.

Houliston looked very good as usual, there were a couple catchable balls that were dropped or allowed to float over their head without an effort to snag. He has very good accuracy and has some nice zip on the ball. I didnt see him get hit or have to scramble much. Zach Harris is a beast, they utilized him very well tonight and should do that every game. He deserves the shot to carry this team and those draw plays and shovel passes allow him to utilize his speed and steamroll defenders.

Feggins is a stud and should be getting more touches offensively IMO. Send him across the middle, he has great hands and is a big boy.

Im with Raiderbird, put Hayes on Defense. His speed would be very helpful.

Speakers were loud during breaks and I cant remember them playing the music last week after TD's. Did they hold back on that due to it being on ESPN? I am not a big fan of that silly song, it needs to be retired.

Press box looks awesome and the Jumbirdtron is very nice as well. I wish they would show the replay after the play and not during the play though.

Last thing I will say and I know it was hot tonight but if you are an adult and you are planning to be in a crowd of people at a hot game please use deodorant. My wife and I about puked in our mouth a couple times on a down wind.

Nice win for the Birds !!! Next week they will face a very very good QB from LBS. I am sure Weinrich will have a great gameplan though.

I wish they would show the replay after the play and not during the play though.
Everyone seems to be in agreement on that. They showed a few replays last week, but I didn't catch any this week. I think there is a rule about it though. I believe they aren't allowed to show any play that might make the refs look bad.

I did enjoy hearing the announcer though tonight. Much much better than year's past.
True.

Oh, one last thing. For the love of God, PLEASE don't do the interview with Coach Mueller on the JumBirdtron! That was the "awkward moment" of the night. It would be bad enough during a close game, but during a first half blowout, it was not cool. Let's not do that one anymore.

Everyone seems to be in agreement on that. They showed a few replays last week, but I didn't catch any this week. I think there is a rule about it though. I believe they aren't allowed to show any play that might make the refs look bad.

Yeah but the JumBirdtron kids need to get jiggy wit it.

Need some "fan cam shots" and heck even some video and shots of all the volunteers and people behind the scenes that help Highlands roll the way they do...:thumb:

That crew that lines the rail over by the bathroom is a sight to see imo. Maybe have to put a PG rating on it though...and maybe an R rating if audio is live...Just sayin

Yeah but the JumBirdtron kids need to get jiggy wit it.

Need some "fan cam shots" and heck even some video and shots of all the volunteers and people behind the scenes that help Highlands roll the way they do...:thumb:

That crew that lines the rail over by the bathroom is a sight to see imo. Maybe have to put a PG rating on it though...and maybe an R rating if audio is live...Just sayin

I thought the kids did a great job. Excellent idea to get them involved and make it their own....

Hey now! Those are my peeps you're talkin' about! (Although, I don't claim a couple of 'em.) I almost didn't get to sit there tonight. Had three Bluebird interlopers sitting in my spot when I got there. Thankfully (for them), they were rooting for the right team. Had they been the enemy, we would have been obligated by the Code of The Mighty Mean Bird to unceremoniously toss them over the rail! :jimlad: