Boston Bomber gets high powered attorney

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So why did he go back there to live?

The article was about his entire family. The guy left Russia/Soviet Union (I'm not sure of the political timeline here) when he was a child. I don't know the movements of his father (the one to actually request asylum years ago).

The article was about his entire family. The guy left Russia/Soviet Union (I'm not sure of the political timeline here) when he was a child. I don't know the movements of his father (the one to actually request asylum years ago).

I believe he moved back after a shop lifting charge did he not? Someone in the family won't come back because of a criminal charge.

I believe he moved back after a shop lifting charge did he not? Someone in the family won't come back because of a criminal charge.

Washington Post Feature on the Tsarnaev Family

Found something that's at least somewhat helpful. It was the mother that was arrested for shoplifting. The father returned to Dagestan (Russia) two years ago after the two divorced, not due to flight from criminal prosecution.

For whatever it's worth, the article says that the father initially had some success working as an auto mechanic, but when the work went sour, everything went bad for the family. It's an interesting narrative, but the structure of laying out a family history isn't great for drawing out cold, hard facts from it.

Washington Post Feature on the Tsarnaev Family

Found something that's at least somewhat helpful. It was the mother that was arrested for shoplifting. The father returned to Dagestan (Russia) two years ago after the two divorced, not due to flight from criminal prosecution.

For whatever it's worth, the article says that the father initially had some success working as an auto mechanic, but when the work went sour, everything went bad for the family. It's an interesting narrative, but the structure of laying out a family history isn't great for drawing out cold, hard facts from it.

As is true for ALL Americans, in my experience.

Please clarify: if the Tsarnaevs hadn't bombed the Boston marathon, would that still be true?

Yes, IMO if they are able to work. This stupidity of paying able people for the very privilege of their existence has to stop.

Curious, where do we make the distinction on "weapon of mass destruction"? Was the Aurora movie theater shooter charged with that? What makes a weapon one "of mass destruction"?

I'm just guessing, but a weapon of mass destruction I assume would be a weapon that single handedly can take several lives at once. The Theatre shooting was individual shots that took several lives but one at a time. I may be totally wrong here, but that is what I always though when they say weapon of mass destruction meant.