Will the Courier-Journal....

Seeing the consensus #1 draft pick going down with a severe knee injury doesn't make you think that?

People tear knees all the time; its one of the most common knee injuries in sports. You see them every single year in soccer, football, basketball, etc. etc. I cannot remember once in my lifetime seeing a compound fracture while watching live sports, ever. I remember seeing Ed McCaffery snap his lower leg, but it pails in comparison to what happened to Kevin.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, Joe Theismann came right back and the led the Skins to the Super Bowl next year.

Dude, the doctors said Ware could be back on the court in 4-5 months. Noel is going to be lucky to ready for the start of the NBA season. Those are facts. Again, if one injury is okay to poke fun at, they both are. Only a biased fan would say otherwise.

Dude, the doctors said Ware could be back on the court in 4-5 months. Noel is going to be lucky to ready for the start of the NBA season. Those are facts. Again, if one injury is okay to poke fun at, they both are. Only a biased fan would say otherwise.

Until I see him back out on the court, I'm holding out saying it's 4-5 months recovery time. Both injuries were bad, but one was graphically much worse and uncommon than the other. We know that people come back from ACL injuries, the compound fractures are kind of the unknown because we don't see them occur nearly as frequent.

Only a biased UK fan would whine, complain, and be up in arms about the CJ not treating both injuries the same. Lexington has its own newspaper; draw your own stinking cartoon and call them up to publish it.

It obviously bothered you enough to post in one thread about, and start another completely new thread...

I posted that it didn't bother me, that means it does? :lol2: Not really sure what else I can go on.

The cartoon itself doesn't bother me, the fact that they wouldn't do the same about a Louisville problem (not this one) does.

Look, there's taste and then there's poor taste. I'm not shocked that either newspaper would show a cartoon or editorial about the misfortune of the other's home town team.

PP, where the heck did you find that pic of the black mannequin with the leg removed? I can take a joke with the best but that wasn't funny to me. By the way, I'm not blaming you for the pic and I did just see an earlier post from you that you had no idea where it came. That's the reason for my edit.

I saw a close family friend have a compound fracture in the high school football playoffs a few years ago and he was back full strength in 5 months. He's still doing just fine playing college football. While Wares injury was the most gruesome thing I have ever seen because of how far the bone was sticking out, both will recover just fine. I didn't like the courier cartoon as I just saw it as poor taste. The same as I would feel if a paper ran a cartoon of the cardinals in the locker room before the final four game with pitino quoted with "Alright guys, go out there and break a leg."

Look, there's taste and then there's poor taste. I'm not shocked that either newspaper would show a cartoon or editorial about the misfortune of the other's home town team.

PP, where the heck did you find that pic of the black mannequin with the leg removed? I can take a joke with the best but that wasn't funny to me. By the way, I'm not blaming you for the pic and I did just see an earlier post from you that you had no idea where it came. That's the reason for my edit.

Just another meme that is getting passed around. Someone sent it to my wife. Not sure where she got it from. She didn't like it either.