Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will the Courier-Journal....

Featured Replies

So I take it you'd have no issue with a Lexington based paper running a cartoon that used Ware's injury to make fun of Louisville?

  • Replies 40
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
have a cartoon making light of the Kevin Ware injury?

 

You mean like this?

 

 

 

image-924437973.jpg

The cartoon also said "get well soon" at the bottom of it. Such poor taste.

So I take it you'd have no issue with a Lexington based paper running a cartoon that used Ware's injury to make fun of Louisville?

 

If done in the same context, I would have absolutely no problem with it. Only difference is Kevin Ware isn't to Louisville what Nerlens was to UK. And that's no slight on Ware, just the facts.

  • Author
One day after an injury that was potentially career threatening costing you millions and millions of dollars?

 

I apologize, it was done a week after the injury.

  • Author

I personally did not have a problem with the cartoon but I could see why some took it the wrong way. I'm sure a cartoon about Ware would rub some the wrong way too.

Not sure what kind of cartoon can be made about a compound fracture, that had basically the entire county in shock/disbelief/grief, and still have some humor behind it. Can you? If Noel's bone physically protruded his skin, I'm 100% sure the CJ would have no published such article. Ware was taken off the court in a stretcher, I fail to see how anything funny came come from this. It's an injury that hardly ever occurs in sports, and when it does, it's of the type that makes you think "that's someone's boy out there."

^And yet Noel's was the worse injury (recovery time, etc. speaking), and that one's okay to poke fun at??? That makes zero sense to me. Either they both are okay, or neither is. Can't have it both ways.

  • Author
Not sure what kind of cartoon can be made about a compound fracture, that had basically the entire county in shock/disbelief/grief, and still have some humor behind it. Can you? If Noel's bone physically protruded his skin, I'm 100% sure the CJ would have no published such article. Ware was taken off the court in a stretcher, I fail to see how anything funny came come from this. It's an injury that hardly ever occurs in sports, and when it does, it's of the type that makes you think "that's someone's boy out there."

Seeing the consensus #1 draft pick going down with a severe knee injury doesn't make you think that?

I personally did not have a problem with the cartoon

 

Shenanigans.

  • Author
Shenanigans.

 

Here is my post from the Noel thread

 

No biggie. However, you would NEVER see something like this in regards to UL in this paper.
You mean like this?

 

 

 

[ATTACH]39583[/ATTACH]

 

 

 

Who did that?

^And yet Noel's was the worse injury (recovery time, etc. speaking), and that one's okay to poke fun at??? That makes zero sense to me. Either they both are okay, or neither is. Can't have it both ways.

 

Yeah, Joe Theismann came right back and the led the Skins to the Super Bowl next year.

Here is my post from the Noel thread

 

It obviously bothered you enough to post in one thread about, and start another completely new thread...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.