Will the Courier-Journal....

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I take it you'd have no issue with a Lexington based paper running a cartoon that used Ware's injury to make fun of Louisville?

If done in the same context, I would have absolutely no problem with it. Only difference is Kevin Ware isn't to Louisville what Nerlens was to UK. And that's no slight on Ware, just the facts.

Not sure what kind of cartoon can be made about a compound fracture, that had basically the entire county in shock/disbelief/grief, and still have some humor behind it. Can you? If Noel's bone physically protruded his skin, I'm 100% sure the CJ would have no published such article. Ware was taken off the court in a stretcher, I fail to see how anything funny came come from this. It's an injury that hardly ever occurs in sports, and when it does, it's of the type that makes you think "that's someone's boy out there."

Not sure what kind of cartoon can be made about a compound fracture, that had basically the entire county in shock/disbelief/grief, and still have some humor behind it. Can you? If Noel's bone physically protruded his skin, I'm 100% sure the CJ would have no published such article. Ware was taken off the court in a stretcher, I fail to see how anything funny came come from this. It's an injury that hardly ever occurs in sports, and when it does, it's of the type that makes you think "that's someone's boy out there."

Seeing the consensus #1 draft pick going down with a severe knee injury doesn't make you think that?

^And yet Noel's was the worse injury (recovery time, etc. speaking), and that one's okay to poke fun at??? That makes zero sense to me. Either they both are okay, or neither is. Can't have it both ways.

Yeah, Joe Theismann came right back and the led the Skins to the Super Bowl next year.