Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

McDonalds All-American Game

Featured Replies

The only thing I learned from this entire game was that Aaron Gordon can dunk.

  • Replies 144
  • Views 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The only thing I learned from this entire game was that Aaron Gordon can dunk.

 

Not sure why but there's something about him I don't like.

Hard to watch for sure; Gordon is much like Blake Griffin.

I feel asleep after half time. It is on again right now so watching the second half. Wanted to know who got MVP.

Never knew Randle was a lefty.

 

Well, you never asked me....

Had to DVR this last night, looking forward to catching it tonight or over the weekend. Heard Andrew Harrison looked unreal.

Had to DVR this last night, looking forward to catching it tonight or over the weekend. Heard Andrew Harrison looked unreal.

 

Let me know if you can figure which one he is on the court with those uniforms they wore. It's an All Star game and you couldn't read the names on the uniforms. Those uniforms were a big part of what made the game hard to watch for me.

He looks older than Shabazz Muhammed. Did they say his little brother was Drew and played for UCLA and New Mexico?

 

Not sure.

Don't know if it was because there was so much talent or what, but one of the least interesting McD's games I've ever watched. Really thought it would be a lot more exciting than that.

Don't know if it was because there was so much talent or what, but one of the least interesting McD's games I've ever watched. Really thought it would be a lot more exciting than that.

 

You are correct on the talent. If Nerlens and Shabazz were the top two players in last year's class, they may be outside the top 10 with this class. I felt like I was watching a rising stars game last night. I have not gotten that with that many guys in a long time. Normally you have a few that stand out, but there were a big chunk of guys you can see will be playing in the NBA in a couple of years.

You are correct on the talent. If Nerlens and Shabazz were the top two players in last year's class, they may be outside the top 10 with this class. I felt like I was watching a rising stars game last night. I have not gotten that with that many guys in a long time. Normally you have a few that stand out, but there were a big chunk of guys you can see will be playing in the NBA in a couple of years.

 

I'd guess at least 5 future All Stars and maybe more...

I'd guess at least 5 future All Stars and maybe more...

That's amazing.

 

RE: UK's players. The twins, they didn't do a whole lot, but you could tell 2 minutes in to the game they are pro caliber with the way the move on the court. I am not as worried as I was with the backcourt depth. That was my 4th time seeing them in action, but you can't always get a view against high school competition. In their abbreviated time you can tell they can play... and with ease. Young I can't get a good feel for because he was battling an injury all week. He made some athletic plays at the rim and seems to be able to finish. Randle, I'm seeing the 4th pick in the 2014 NBA draft. Match-up nightmare. Johnson I was pleased with. A lot of room to develop but he seemed a lot more agile in that type setting than when I watched him a couple times earlier this season. Again, you can't always gauge against high school teams. Lee has a while but you would like to see him with a year of strength and conditioning.

You are correct on the talent. If Nerlens and Shabazz were the top two players in last year's class, they may be outside the top 10 with this class. I felt like I was watching a rising stars game last night. I have not gotten that with that many guys in a long time. Normally you have a few that stand out, but there were a big chunk of guys you can see will be playing in the NBA in a couple of years.

 

 

 

I've said it many times and will continue to say this is one of the best high school classes in recent memory and may end up passing the 07' class in terms of overall talent IMO.

 

 

 

 

To put that into context for Kentucky fans (in comparisson to the 2007 class), it will be like having Derrick Rose, OJ Mayo, Michael Beasley, Blake Griffin, Kevin Love, and Pat Patterson all on the same team! Can you imagine?

 

Not comparing the games of those guys and this years Kentucky class, but in terms of talent and rankings UK will have the equivelant of that on next years roster. Unbelievable!

He looks older than Shabazz Muhammed. Did they say his little brother was Drew and played for UCLA and New Mexico?

 

He is Drew's younger brother.

He is Drew's younger brother.

 

:no:

 

I was being sarcastic. I was making fun of how he already looks 25. :no:

 

 

 

 

I thought it was clever.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.