Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

McDonalds All-American Game

Featured Replies

:no:

 

I was being sarcastic. I was making fun of how he already looks 25. :no:

 

 

 

 

I thought it was clever.

 

Oh. I missed it. Probably was clever. :lol2:

  • Replies 144
  • Views 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always felt like the 1991 McDonald's game would be hard to top. At least from an entertainment level. Glenn Robinson dunked on Chris Webber and Juwan Howard and they were all on the same team. One of the best dunks I have ever seen. I'm searching for video of it as we speak.

Dakari knows what he's doing in the paint.

 

Of all the UK guys I watched, Dakari's play was my best takeaway from that game. Who knows in that type of game but his low post game looks good. He looks to be the best low post option the Cats have had since Cousins.

 

Other observations:

 

Harrison looked good at PG ... good handle, sees the floor, great size and strength, he should look really good in the dribble drive.

 

Wiggins showed flashes of who he is but he also looks a little more raw than I expected. But it is an all star game so who knows.

 

Gordon was the one guy who ran the floor, found open spots and looked to be an offensive threat/option when he didn't have the ball ... and that is why he won MVP. Although that between the legs dunk attempt that the rim stuffed him on was embarrassing.

Of all the UK guys I watched, Dakari's play was my best takeaway from that game. Who knows in that type of game but his low post game looks good. He looks to be the best low post option the Cats have had since Cousins.

 

Other observations:

 

Harrison looked good at PG ... good handle, sees the floor, great size and strength, he should look really good in the dribble drive.

 

Wiggins showed flashes of who he is but he also looks a little more raw than I expected. But it is an all star game so who knows.

 

Gordon was the one guy who ran the floor, found open spots and looked to be an offensive threat/option when he didn't have the ball ... and that is why he won MVP. Although that between the legs dunk attempt that the rim stuffed him on was embarrassing.

 

Agree on most everything.

 

One thing about Wiggins that I really liked--and you don't often hear this after All-Star games--was his defense.

Did they had out the 2014 National Championship to the Kentucky signees after the game?

Of all the UK guys I watched, Dakari's play was my best takeaway from that game. Who knows in that type of game but his low post game looks good. He looks to be the best low post option the Cats have had since Cousins.

 

Other observations:

 

Harrison looked good at PG ... good handle, sees the floor, great size and strength, he should look really good in the dribble drive.

 

Wiggins showed flashes of who he is but he also looks a little more raw than I expected. But it is an all star game so who knows.

 

Gordon was the one guy who ran the floor, found open spots and looked to be an offensive threat/option when he didn't have the ball ... and that is why he won MVP. Although that between the legs dunk attempt that the rim stuffed him on was embarrassing.

 

I felt the exact same way about Dakari when I saw him play a couple of month ago. I really like him a lot. He seems super efficient.

I felt the exact same way about Dakari when I saw him play a couple of month ago. I really like him a lot. He seems super efficient.

 

 

Gotta love an old school back to the basket guy. Few and far between nowadays.

I felt like there were a lot of individuals out there. Zero ball movement. Gordon reminded me of a more athletic Behanan honestly. He dunked a lot. What else can you do, kid? And don't get me wrong. Gordon is and should be a better player than Behanan but all he did was dunk it. He is an athletic freak so he stood out but he just dunked it. I was more impressed with Wiggins, Randle and Parker.

Gotta love an old school back to the basket guy. Few and far between nowadays.

 

 

And what's funny is I always hated those guys as a kid. Boring.....now that I am an adult and see less and less of it like you said, I appreciate it more when I see it.

I felt like there were a lot of individuals out there. Zero ball movement. Gordon reminded me of a more athletic Behanan honestly. He dunked a lot. What else can you do, kid? And don't get me wrong. Gordon is and should be a better player than Behanan but all he did was dunk it. He is an athletic freak so he stood out but he just dunked it. I was more impressed with Wiggins, Randle and Parker.

He did have the Chane Cherry Pick down pat... :lol2:

Chane looked out of his league out there two years ago.

 

That's because he was out of his league...

That's because he was out of his league...

 

Take it from me people... If you don't listen to GT already on players, do it. :lol2:

I thought last years class was weak in comparison to this years class as well with the exception of a few guys.

I thought last years class was weak in comparison to this years class as well with the exception of a few guys.

 

Last year's class was horrendous.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.