Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Thoughts on Brad Stevens

Featured Replies

Let me add, people don't get into coaching to remain at Butler their whole career. If he stays then that's cool and I applaud him for remaining 'loyal' to Butler. If he does leave I hope people don't hate on him for making a sound decision for his career and his family.

 

If this were '81 you could replace Stevens and Butler for K and Duke. The Devils weren't exactly a premier program prior to K's arrival. Sure they were runner-ups in '78 but other than that they were average at best.

  • Replies 119
  • Views 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Perfect time to go to LA and pad that résumé. Surely he's planted some seeds in Indy to be next in line for the Pacers job.

 

If he goes to LA and falls flat on his face the resume is damaged. He doesn't have ties to recruiting the west coast and would be in serious danger of taking a hit while building a brand UCLA fans don't want. He can stay where he's at, get comparable money and wait it out now...

If this were '81 you could replace Stevens and Butler for K and Duke. The Devils weren't exactly a premier program prior to K's arrival. Sure they were runner-ups in '78 but other than that they were average at best.

 

Agreed. I'd like to see Stevens work that similar magic at a place like UCLA or the Pacers. I don't see any of the other big time college gigs being open anytime soon.

If he goes to LA and falls flat on his face the resume is damaged. He doesn't have ties to recruiting the west coast and would be in serious danger of taking a hit while building a brand UCLA fans don't want. He can stay where he's at, get comparable money and wait it out now...

 

Very true. I know this question is for another thread but Stevens has to be on everyone's short list. If he isn't a good fit for UCLA then who is?

Very true. I know this question is for another thread but Stevens has to be on everyone's short list. If he isn't a good fit for UCLA then who is?

 

Someone dialed in to LA that would connect the program to the fan base. Good luck figuring that answer out...

Stevens is imo one of the top three or four coaches in America. I know that if I had a son with the talent to play at that level of college bb Stevens would be the coach that I would want him to play for if possible.

Someone dialed in to LA that would connect the program to the fan base. Good luck figuring that answer out...

I'm on your wavelength here. I don't think UCLA is some great job people (big names) are going to be submitting their resume's for. They hired Ben Howland.

If I was an AD I'd solicit advice from other coaches I respect. Those guys can give a much better insight than a fan.

 

As a fan, though, I'd say his teams are always good. Always make a nice run with non-elite talent.

 

He would get a call.

Someone dialed in to LA that would connect the program to the fan base. Good luck figuring that answer out...

 

Pat Riley?

Pat Riley?

 

He didn't exactly recruit high school kids while coaching the Lakers...

Could he possibly be overrated? Sure he does a nice job, but his FF teams were super talented. I'd be hesitant to place him top 3 or 4 this early.

 

I definitely think a top program should take a chance on him though. I wouldn't mind him at UK after Cal leaves. To be honest I kind of like Shaka Smart better for a bigger program.

If Cal left tomorrow, here are the three names I would go with...if I survived jumping off the bridge, that is.

 

1. Billy Donovan

2. Thad Matta

3. Tom Izzo

 

I don't know if any of those guys would want to follow Cal or if they'd be interested at UK right now at all, but that's where I'd start. If they all three told me no, I might go after Stevens.

 

I'd rather have BCG than Donovan.

 

My list would be:

Matta

Izzo

Smart

Stevens

Antigua (I'd take a chance)

 

The job wouldn't get past Shaka though.

For UCLA Smart make the most sense. His style would reinergize UCLA.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.