Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Thoughts on Brad Stevens

Featured Replies

For UCLA Smart make the most sense. His style would reinergize UCLA.

 

Not for long. Look at the wild swings VCU saw this year. The "HAVOC" system is not likely to win a title. Face a team that can take care of the ball and you are done. Michigan had a lay up line going for most of that game yesterday. Break the press, get a dunk or wide open 3. Doesn't win consistently in March...

  • Replies 119
  • Views 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
During the Butler/Marquette game tonight, I saw several comments praising Brad Stevens for being one of the best coaches in America.

 

I like Stevens. Seems like a nice guy & I love his demeanor on the sidelines. His name always seems to come up when there are coaching vacancies, particularly when big-time jobs come open. I wonder if his name will be thrown into the UCLA mix. I've heard UK fans say that when Cal leaves, they'd like Stevens to be his replacement.

 

 

 

No doubt he had a great run in the back-to-back runner-up seasons & seemed to have a pretty good team this year. But if I'm an A.D. at a fairly prominent program, I'm not sure he'd be at the top of my list.

 

What are your thoughts?

 

I must admit, I've always been torn on this. I am a UK fan and a big Brad Stevens fan. While part of me would love to have him as UK coach, a bigger part of me hopes he doesn't leave Butler. I'm just a big fan of his loyalty and well respected reputation, and how that fits into the culture at Butler.

Brad Stevens was a walk on coach. He is a family man who values life in Indy. His athletes are student athletes who graduate. Sorry UCLA and Kentucky. We will keep him in Indiana.

Brad Stevens was a walk on coach. He is a family man who values life in Indy. His athletes are student athletes who graduate. Sorry UCLA and Kentucky. We will keep him in Indiana.

 

 

We're are fine with Cal, and hanging more banners, but thanks anyway. :D:D

  • Author
a bigger part of me hopes he doesn't leave Butler. I'm just a big fan of his loyalty and well respected reputation, and how that fits into the culture at Butler.

 

:thumb:

I've always thought Stevens was destined for the Michigan State job once Izzo hangs it up.

 

As for UCLA, I wonder if Pastner would work?

  • Author
I've always thought Stevens was destined for the Michigan State job once Izzo hangs it up.

 

As for UCLA, I wonder if Pastner would work?

 

I think UCLA will have their sights set on a bigger prize, but if they don't have any success with some bigger names, Pastner might be on that second-tier list of candidates.

I think UCLA will have their sights set on a bigger prize, but if they don't have any success with some bigger names, Pastner might be on that second-tier list of candidates.

 

I imagine they'll shoot for Smart, Few, or Billy D. or someone in that realm, but the names I'd have on the "realistic" list are Pastner, Alford, Romar, and Bennett. :idunno:

  • Author
I imagine they'll shoot for Smart, Few, or Billy D. or someone in that realm, but the names I'd have on the "realistic" list are Pastner, Alford, Romar, and Bennett. :idunno:

 

Those first few names I agree with. I'm not sure how these guys view the UCLA job. Do they see it as illustrious as a lot of people do or do they see it as something lesser?

If I was an AD I'd solicit advice from other coaches I respect. Those guys can give a much better insight than a fan.

 

As a fan, though, I'd say his teams are always good. Always make a nice run with non-elite talent.

 

He would get a call.

 

I totally agree about contacting other coaches!! It's a shame more high school administrators do not do this. It could potentially save them headaches!!

Those first few names I agree with. I'm not sure how these guys view the UCLA job. Do they see it as illustrious as a lot of people do or do they see it as something lesser?

 

I'd see it as a headache. The first four coaches the followed Wooden left on their own accord and the past three have been fired.

Young, mild manered, yet disciplined college coach from the state of Indiana heads West and turns UCLA around? It's happened before. Brad better find a rich alum, that worked best for Wooden.

We're are fine with Cal, and hanging more banners, but thanks anyway. :D:D

Cals not too shabby at taking banners down either.

Not for long. Look at the wild swings VCU saw this year. The "HAVOC" system is not likely to win a title. Face a team that can take care of the ball and you are done. Michigan had a lay up line going for most of that game yesterday. Break the press, get a dunk or wide open 3. Doesn't win consistently in March...

 

Its a cousin of the style U of L plays. It really comes down to the Jimmys and the Joes, as do most things in coaching. Who knows if he would even keep that style as his entire game plan if he had a better job.

Young, mild manered, yet disciplined college coach from the state of Indiana heads West and turns UCLA around? It's happened before. Brad better find a rich alum, that worked best for Wooden.

 

Wooden had two chances to stay in the midwest before accepting the UCLA position, one didn't work out because of loyalty, the other because of weather. Coach Stevens has stated he wants to stay at Butler because he is loyal to them. And quite selfishly, I want him to stay.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.