Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Thoughts on Brad Stevens

Featured Replies

Let me add, people don't get into coaching to remain at Butler their whole career. If he stays then that's cool and I applaud him for remaining 'loyal' to Butler. If he does leave I hope people don't hate on him for making a sound decision for his career and his family.

  • Replies 119
  • Views 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ask UNC fans how that worked out with Doherty.

 

 

How is it working out with Roy Williams?

I think UCLA should roll the dice and go with little Ricky.

If they really want him, I think they will.

 

I've seen a couple folks suggest Bruce Pearl for UCLA.

 

That's laughable. At any non Duke school my #1 choice would be Brad Stevens. No question. Shaka Smart would be my number #2. Those two would be dangerous at big boy schools IMO.

I like Stevens a lot. Taking Butler to back to back title games is a feat the likes of which I haven't see in collegiate basketball. He has had a ton of success at a mid major and he would be at the top of my list if I was an AD at any program. All he has done is win.

I think UCLA should roll the dice and go with little Ricky.

 

Interesting. Is he ready? Kevin Willard is further along than little Ricky.

 

How is it working out with Roy Williams?

 

You comparing Wojo and Collins to Roy?

  • Author

I like Bruce Pearl. :lol2:

 

I like Shaka as well. The guy at Wichita State has done good work over the last few years. The little Ricky idea isn't a bad one either.

  • Author

If Cal left tomorrow, here are the three names I would go with...if I survived jumping off the bridge, that is.

 

1. Billy Donovan

2. Thad Matta

3. Tom Izzo

 

I don't know if any of those guys would want to follow Cal or if they'd be interested at UK right now at all, but that's where I'd start. If they all three told me no, I might go after Stevens.

You comparing Wojo and Collins to Roy?

 

They are all about the same height.

 

No. Just saying that the Coach K way will be hard for me to let go and I want to see familiarity before I have to adjust to someone new.

I like Bruce Pearl. :lol2:

 

I like Shaka as well. The guy at Wichita State has done good work over the last few years. The little Ricky idea isn't a bad one either.

 

I like Pearl too. Engaging personality but I'd take Stevens over Pearl 8 days a week.

If Cal left tomorrow, here are the three names I would go with...if I survived jumping off the bridge, that is.

 

1. Billy Donovan

2. Thad Matta

3. Tom Izzo

 

I don't know if any of those guys would want to follow Cal or if they'd be interested at UK right now at all, but that's where I'd start. If they all three told me no, I might go after Stevens.

 

 

That is a good list. I think Stevens' age is what would make him my #1 choice. I'm trying to make him into a Coach K type of coach. Lifetime contract. 1000 wins.

If Cal left tomorrow, here are the three names I would go with...if I survived jumping off the bridge, that is.

 

1. Billy Donovan

2. Thad Matta

3. Tom Izzo

 

I don't know if any of those guys would want to follow Cal or if they'd be interested at UK right now at all, but that's where I'd start. If they all three told me no, I might go after Stevens.

 

If UK needed to replace Cal, I would go Brad Stevens number 1. Then, I would go after Shaka Smart. Bruce Pearl would probably be my third choice.

 

If I can't get those guys, I would open up the checkbook and look at Billy Donovan or Tom Izzo or Frank Martin.

  • Author
I like Pearl too. Engaging personality but I'd take Stevens over Pearl 8 days a week.

 

I prefer Stevens over Pearl as well, but not by much.

  • Author
That is a good list. I think Stevens' age is what would make him my #1 choice. I'm trying to make him into a Coach K type of coach. Lifetime contract. 1000 wins.

 

Agreed.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.