Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Thoughts on Brad Stevens

Featured Replies

I hope he stays at Butler, IMO UCLA is a death trap. I could see him turning Butler into the "Duke" of the midwest.

 

As for UCLA I don't think any of the hot young coaches will run to that job as fast as everyone thinks.

 

If I'm UCLA then Pearl might be the best bet...is there a "Show Cause" on him from the NCAA? If so that would stop them.

  • Replies 119
  • Views 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope he stays at Butler, IMO UCLA is a death trap. I could see him turning Butler into the "Duke" of the midwest.

 

As for UCLA I don't think any of the hot young coaches will run to that job as fast as everyone thinks.

 

If I'm UCLA then Pearl might be the best bet...is there a "Show Cause" on him from the NCAA? If so that would stop them.

 

Three Year Show Cause for unethical lying to the NCAA. Blackballs him until August 2014.

Three Year Show Cause for unethical lying to the NCAA. Blackballs him until August 2014.
Didn't know if had expired yet.

Per twitter

Oscar Combs@wildcatnews

Been sitting behind Butlers Brad Stevens for half and I dont think I've seen a more disciplined/classy coach in control of his team and game

If UK needed to replace Cal, I would go Brad Stevens number 1. Then, I would go after Shaka Smart. Bruce Pearl would probably be my third choice.

 

If I can't get those guys, I would open up the checkbook and look at Billy Donovan or Tom Izzo or Frank Martin.

 

Frank Martin? Are you serious? Wow, that is putting him in rare air.

I've been told by insiders much smarter than me that his end game is the Pacers job. IU was thought to be the middle step when Crean was rebuilding and the fan base was getting restless, but that step doesn't seem very necessary any more...

I think Matta will be at the Pacers in next 3 years.....which will put a great OSU job in play.

I think Shaka Smart is being wildly over-valued and he'll struggle at his next stop. I also expect him to leave VCU in about a month.

 

Just my opinions....

Right now, best Coach in the business....bar none

But, at the same time, one of the things that’s made it special for me is, I’ve got the former head coach at Butler University, who ultimately hired me, and he believes that the way we go about it – win, lose or draw – is the right way to do it. And he believes in it, and he’s by my side, whether we win or lose.

 

A recent quote from Brad Stevens on the "Dan Patrick Show"

Had the privelage of hearing him speak at a coaches clinic in Lexington at Transy and he was great. If he ever decides to leave Butler he could have pretty much whatever job he wanted I'd imagine in college.

Right now, best Coach in the business....bar none

 

Because of a two year run where he had 2 NBA players? I like Stevens but the love fest for him on here is ridiculous. What has he done since then? I need a little more proof.

Because of a two year run where he had 2 NBA players? I like Stevens but the love fest for him on here is ridiculous. What has he done since then? I need a little more proof.

Personally, I've never said he is the "best" coach. I for one admire him for the way he runs his program, while being able to have a decent amount of success. I appreciate his approach, his loyalty to his players and administration and the respect he garners from almost everyone associated with college basketball.

 

As far as his coaching ability goes, he has had a relatively nice amount of success to only have had those 2 NBA players.

Personally, I've never said he is the "best" coach. I for one admire him for the way he runs his program, while being able to have a decent amount of success. I appreciate his approach, his loyalty to his players and administration and the respect he garners from almost everyone associated with college basketball.

 

As far as his coaching ability goes, he has had a relatively nice amount of success to only have had those 2 NBA players.

 

All I'm saying is that the two seasons that defined him, he was lead by 2 NBA players. Makes a huge difference. Not too many mid-majors have that. Other than those two seasons (and arguably even during those 2 seasons) his teams have been solid mid-majors, nothing more, nothing less.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.