Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Thoughts on Brad Stevens

Featured Replies

During the Butler/Marquette game tonight, I saw several comments praising Brad Stevens for being one of the best coaches in America.

 

I like Stevens. Seems like a nice guy & I love his demeanor on the sidelines. His name always seems to come up when there are coaching vacancies, particularly when big-time jobs come open. I wonder if his name will be thrown into the UCLA mix. I've heard UK fans say that when Cal leaves, they'd like Stevens to be his replacement.

 

No doubt he had a great run in the back-to-back runner-up seasons & seemed to have a pretty good team this year. But if I'm an A.D. at a fairly prominent program, I'm not sure he'd be at the top of my list.

 

What are your thoughts?

  • Replies 119
  • Views 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like the former Matta assistant that was at Ohio U last year, and is now at Illinois.

Sorry, had nothing to do with Stevens. :lol2:

Next UCLA coach. That's my thought.

 

Can't see him at UCLA.

  • Author
Next UCLA coach. That's my thought.

 

If K left Duke after this year, would Stevens be among your top 3 choices for a replacement?

 

I've heard a lot of people say that Stevens seems like he was made for the Duke job.

  • Author
Can't see him at UCLA.

 

Me either. I can see them offering, but I'm not sure he'll be interested.

I can't see Stevens leaving Butler, he seems to have an understanding of loyalty.

  • Author
I can't see Stevens leaving Butler, he seems to have an understanding of loyalty.

 

I can see him leaving for a big-time gig: Duke, UK, UNC, Kansas, IU, UL. We might get to see if UCLA is a part of that group.

If K left Duke after this year, would Stevens be among your top 3 choices for a replacement?

 

I've heard a lot of people say that Stevens seems like he was made for the Duke job.

 

Honestly, no. I want to keep it in the family. I want Johnny Dawkins, Chris Collins or Wojo to get a shot at the job first. If that doesn't work then I want Calipari.:lol2::lol:

I can't see Stevens leaving Butler, he seems to have an understanding of loyalty.

 

His #1 loyalty is to his family.

I can see him leaving for a big-time gig: Duke, UK, UNC, Kansas, IU, UL. We might get to see if UCLA is a part of that group.

 

The challenge of restoring UCLA to that group will be awful alluring. They can pay him like UCLA is part of that group also. If UCLA wants to return to glory they better throw the kitchen sink at him.

  • Author
Honestly, no. I want to keep it in the family. I want Johnny Dawkins, Chris Collins or Wojo to get a shot at the job first. If that doesn't work then I want Calipari.:lol2::lol:

 

The "in the family" thing seems to apply to UNC, for sure. Several Duke fans have told me what you just said. Others really want the best, realistic option available. Stevens is that guy to a lot of folks I've talked to.

 

You love you some Calipari. :lol2:

  • Author
The challenge of restoring UCLA to that group will be awful alluring. They can pay him like UCLA is part of that group also. If UCLA wants to return to glory they better throw the kitchen sink at him.

 

If they really want him, I think they will.

 

I've seen a couple folks suggest Bruce Pearl for UCLA.

 

Honestly, no. I want to keep it in the family. I want Johnny Dawkins, Chris Collins or Wojo to get a shot at the job first. If that doesn't work then I want Calipari.:lol2::lol:

 

Ask UNC fans how that worked out with Doherty.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.