Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Thoughts on Brad Stevens

Featured Replies

And surprisingly none of them have really had great, or even good success.

 

Because the Duke way only works at Duke.:lol2:

  • Replies 119
  • Views 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow. Never even thought about the pros. We hardly ever hear of college guys who want to go pro. Wouldn't that be something.

 

His demeanor would be pretty much perfect for the NBA. He isn't a scream and shout guy, and I would bet a lot of cash his style would translate on a very high level. He is all business and would relate to NBA guys at the highest level IMO...

That's why I started the thread. I'm not convinced he'll have success wherever he goes.

 

I feel like he will but I have been wrong once or twice before.

Stevens and Smart would be 1A and 1B on my list of young coaches I'd like to have. I don't see him going anywhere else this year. Nothing worth leaving for on the NCAA level.

  • Author
His demeanor would be pretty much perfect for the NBA. He isn't a scream and shout guy, and I would bet a lot of cash his style would translate on a very high level. He is all business and would relate to NBA guys at the highest level IMO...

 

Good points.

  • Author
I feel like he will but I have been wrong once or twice before.

 

I would lean that way, but not a slam dunk in my mind.

His demeanor would be pretty much perfect for the NBA. He isn't a scream and shout guy, and I would bet a lot of cash his style would translate on a very high level. He is all business and would relate to NBA guys at the highest level IMO...

 

That's half the battle in the pros. Intriguing.

I can't picture him in LA.

If he goes to the Pacers I fear he would make Hansbrough an All Star and then I'd have to hate Stevens too.

  • Author
If he goes to the Pacers I fear he would make Hansbrough an All Star and then I'd have to hate Stevens too.

 

Agree. That would be terrible.

Vogel has done a pretty nice job with the Pacers. Might be a few years before that job is open.

Good points.

 

I was having a conversation with a national guy that is 100% dialed in on everything tied in to Indy hoops when the topic came up and tried to brush it off at that point as well. The reality is Stevens wants to keep his family in Indy and the Pacers job is the biggest prize available. I do think he would be a top of the line NBA coach with the proper resources in place...

Vogel has done a pretty nice job with the Pacers. Might be a few years before that job is open.

 

Agreed. With Butler at the spot it is now, he has plenty of time to wait it out...

  • Author
I was having a conversation with a national guy that is 100% dialed in on everything tied in to Indy hoops when the topic came up and tried to brush it off at that point as well. The reality is Stevens wants to keep his family in Indy and the Pacers job is the biggest prize available. I do think he would be a top of the line NBA coach with the proper resources in place...

 

Interesting.

Vogel has done a pretty nice job with the Pacers. Might be a few years before that job is open.

 

Perfect time to go to LA and pad that résumé. Surely he's planted some seeds in Indy to be next in line for the Pacers job.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.