Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Thoughts on Brad Stevens

Featured Replies

 

Really? How come? Is he small town kind of guy? Indianapolis isn't a small town.

 

He just doesn't seem the LA type to me.

  • Replies 119
  • Views 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Not that I think either would be a great choice, but I do agree with PP in that I think Duke will stay in house. I don't see anyway Coach K doesn't get to name his replacement, and I can't see him not naming one of his boys.

 

Probably right.

 

But if I'm a Duke fan, I want Stevens over any of the other family members.

Not that I think either would be a great choice, but I do agree with PP in that I think Duke will stay in house. I don't see anyway Coach K doesn't get to name his replacement, and I can't see him not naming one of his boys.

 

 

Me either. I'm thinking Johnny Dawkins will get first crack at it. It would be interesting to see if Brad Stevens iinterviews for that opening.

Probably right.

 

But if I'm a Duke fan, I want Stevens over any of the other family members.

 

He's definitely more proven. I think the fan base would get behind him also. I do think K names his successor though.

  • Author
He's definitely more proven. I think the fan base would get behind him also. I do think K names his successor though.

 

Agree with you & LRCW that K will have a big part--maybe the only part--in picking his successor.

 

I think the fan base would love him.

Where is Dawkins now?

 

What about Amaker?

 

Dawkins is at Stanford if I am not mistaken. Amaker would likely be in the running also.

 

Pretty wild how all of K's proteges are point guards with the exception of Nate James.

  • Author

Can't see it being Collins or Wojo or Capel. Would have to be Dawkins or Amaker.

Let me add, people don't get into coaching to remain at Butler their whole career. If he stays then that's cool and I applaud him for remaining 'loyal' to Butler. If he does leave I hope people don't hate on him for making a sound decision for his career and his family.

 

I've been told by insiders much smarter than me that his end game is the Pacers job. IU was thought to be the middle step when Crean was rebuilding and the fan base was getting restless, but that step doesn't seem very necessary any more...

Can't see it being Collins or Wojo or Capel. Would have to be Dawkins or Amaker.

 

Agreed.

  • Author
I've been told by insiders much smarter than me that his end game is the Pacers job. IU was thought to be the middle step when Crean was rebuilding and the fan base was getting restless, but that step doesn't seem very necessary any more...

 

I thought he was destined for IU until they turned things around last year & even more so this year.

 

I was going to post that I thought Stevens would be a good choice for a high profile place because I didn't think he'd be lured by the NBA. So much for that, I guess. :lol2:

I've been told by insiders much smarter than me that his end game is the Pacers job. IU was thought to be the middle step when Crean was rebuilding and the fan base was getting restless, but that step doesn't seem very necessary any more...

 

 

Wow. Never even thought about the pros. We hardly ever hear of college guys who want to go pro. Wouldn't that be something.

Stevens strikes me as a guy who will be successful regardless of where he is at. If he can do it at Butler surely he can do it anywhere right?

 

Dawkins is at Stanford if I am not mistaken. Amaker would likely be in the running also.

 

Pretty wild how all of K's proteges are point guards with the exception of Nate James.

 

And surprisingly none of them have really had great, or even good success.

  • Author
Stevens strikes me as a guy who will be successful regardless of where he is at. If he can do it at Butler surely he can do it anywhere right?

 

That's why I started the thread. I'm not convinced he'll have success wherever he goes.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.