Top pitchers in the 10th Region?

Only repeating what was showing on the Whitaker Bank Ballpark scoreboard tonight. He gave up 2 runs in 5+ innings as Nicholas County fell to Montgomery County. I have seen some good Harrison County pitchers not hit 88 at Whitaker Bank Ballpark. It was the gun in Centerfield showing the numbers.

radar guns at ballparks are generally not accurate. usually off by 5-6 mph...on the high side.teams might calibrate them once a month. just what i've been told by mlb and college scouts. you want a accurate reading,use a jugs gun from a mlb,or college team.

as for supposedly 35 guy's in the 9th region throwing high 80's to low 90's.....lol!!! if that was true the 9th would be crawling with mlb and D-1 college scouts. i think a lot of people don't realize how hard you have to throw a ball to get to 90 mph. REALLY HARD!!!

as for supposedly 35 guy's in the 9th region throwing high 80's to low 90's.....lol!!! if that was true the 9th would be crawling with mlb and D-1 college scouts. i think a lot of people don't realize how hard you have to throw a ball to get to 90 mph. REALLY HARD!!!

You are correct.

If there are that many boys throwing that hard, then Ninth Region games may set a record for fastest baseball games in history because no batter will be able to catch up to that speed. It will be pitch it and catch it, with very very few runs scored. We will see.

My experience is at the HS level the top guys have a fastball in the low to mid 80's with some decent other stuff and they do quite well. When you actually see the 90ish range, you know it and those pitchers are very dominant.

78-84 is a big range, which means he's throwing around 78- 81 most of the time. My question to you would be, is that from 54 or 60 ft?

You also have to trust the ability of the reporter to recognize a four seam from a two seam, which is a tad slower pitch. Same with a cutter. Maybe a kid knows how to adjust his grip and take a little off? Way to many variables to make a blanket statement. Why does 78-84 mean he was 78-81? Maybe the 4 seamer was sitting at 83-84, two seamer 78? Bottom line is who cares? Bronson arroyo flips it up there in the 70s often, but he gets major league hitters out.

His comment was toungue in cheek.

Do you have to throw hard to be considered a good pitcher. I know it helps but Montgomery Co. was able to get the job done with three pitchers throwing in the low to high 70s. I was at the game and the Wagner kid was awesome. He was throwing in the mid to high 80s. I think any team would have him in there starting rotation on the mound and in the field.

Do you have to throw hard to be considered a good pitcher. I know it helps but Montgomery Co. was able to get the job done with three pitchers throwing in the low to high 70s. I was at the game and the Wagner kid was awesome. He was throwing in the mid to high 80s. I think any team would have him in there starting rotation on the mound and in the field.

Location, movement and changing speeds makes a pitcher. Speed is a nice weapon but a pitcher needs more than just that one weapon. The Montgomery pitchers never looked like they were overthrowing but merely working on location and movement.

You are correct.

If there are that many boys throwing that hard, then Ninth Region games may set a record for fastest baseball games in history because no batter will be able to catch up to that speed. It will be pitch it and catch it, with very very few runs scored. We will see.

My experience is at the HS level the top guys have a fastball in the low to mid 80's with some decent other stuff and they do quite well. When you actually see the 90ish range, you know it and those pitchers are very dominant.

totally agree sandman!!!!