Everything posted by Big Kat
-
Montgomery County 10 George Rogers Clark 8
GRC had to many Errors. They bet themselves. MOCO did hit the ball good. It was a fun game to watch. A lot of action on both sides.
-
Best 8th Graders NKY
Paul Wise of Montgomery Co. He has started 2nd base for Varsity several times this year. Has great speed and a good bat and should be the starting 2nd baseman.
-
Umpires
How About Brad Toy. I thing he's a good One.
-
Montgomery County/Campbell County predictions (10th Region Championship)
MOCO by 16
-
Scott 8 Montgomery County 1 (10th Region First Round)
Khsaa your are wright about some bad coaching. Hackett did make some mistakes. He should have pull the 3rd baseman when he made the Era in the 1st inning. Put woods over on 3rd and made Nester the designated hitter. After 4 inning of no hits. Maybe put some other players in. You had a lot of seniors on the bench that have played in big games that might have gave them some hits.
-
Scott 8 Montgomery County 1 (10th Region First Round)
Your sources are telling you wright. Him and Coach Lee got into it over him not getting to play in the District. What I also heard is that Hobie's mother call the coach 2 days before the games and told them that Hobie had some tendonitis in his arm. I don't think that Hobie knew anything about this phone call. I think Hobie got mad at the wrong person. The coaches were doing what Mom ask them to do and that was to give Hobie some rest.
-
Scott 8 Montgomery County 1 (10th Region First Round)
Hobie ask the coach to take him out because he wasn't felling well.
-
Montgomery County
That's your opinion Ky Thorobred but the 7th grader will not help this team in anyway. I believe if that were your kid that got the boot you would feel differently about it. How is anybody going to know who's better anyway. The 7th grader is a infielder and the other boy is a pitcher. This will be hard to compare. I don't want to take anything away from the 7th grader. He maybe the next superstar for Moco. I thank that Coach Hackett could have waited till next year to bring him up to Varsity. This tells me a lot about Coach Hackett's character. This just my opinion. I don't want to offend any one, but I just think the timing is wrong.
-
Montgomery County
I think Coach Combs deserves the upmost respect. The new Coach has a long way to go to compare. With that said Coach Hackett cant help what happen before he came to Moco. He got a job to do and I believe he will do it. I think if coach Hackett sat down with coach Combs, he would listen to all the advice that he would give him. The first thing that Coach Hackett needs to do is to play the guys that got him there. Coach Hackett has cut one boy off the team to bring up a 7th grader. Cut a boy that his parents as worked in the concessions for 3 years. This kid has sat in the dug out and went on the Myrtle Beach trip and didn't get to play 1 single inning all year. I just think that's wrong and Coach Combs would never do that. Coach Hackett needs to do the wright thing instead of listening to some other people in the school system. With that decision how do you think the boy feels and his parents. Makes you wonder who will it happen to next.
-
Montgomery County 9 Bourbon County 4
This was a great game. There were some bad call both ways by the umps. But most of the time they got it wright. Bourbon County has a great team and I wish them the best of luck in the region. I thank that Montgomery County has the best team in the district they have the pitching, Bats and defense. A new coach that's will listen to what the other coaches opinion are, and has a great positive attitude. If what happen over at Clark Co. didn't get him mad I don't think nothing will. Just my opinion but if he has a weakness it is that he will let the other coaches and umpires walk all over him.
-
Hobie Hall commits to Campbellsville
Way to go Hobbie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-
Montgomery County 18 Paris 0
Way to go Indians. That's a lot of runs. Keep the bats hot because you will need it when you play Dunbar.
-
Montgomery catcher, Clay Barton, commits to Transylvania University
Way to go Clay. Transylvania is getting a great catcher.
-
Clark County 2 Montgomery County 1
MoCo wins the game if they dont make errors in the 3rd and 6th innings. This allow runs score in both of those inning.
-
Hall,Tabor,Gulley Montgomery county pitching outstanding
Your wright on about Coach Hackett. He is a teaching Coach. The players are listening to what he has to say and he's showing them what to do. I think he has done a great job with all his assistance coaches too. He's letting them get involved with the coaching instead of being babysitters.
-
Hall,Tabor,Gulley Montgomery county pitching outstanding
The pitching is great but so are the bats. The defence needs some work,but it getting better every game. If the boys can stay healthy. They could have a chance at winning the district and making a run in the 10th region.
-
Top pitchers in the 10th Region?
Do you have to throw hard to be considered a good pitcher. I know it helps but Montgomery Co. was able to get the job done with three pitchers throwing in the low to high 70s. I was at the game and the Wagner kid was awesome. He was throwing in the mid to high 80s. I think any team would have him in there starting rotation on the mound and in the field.
-
Montgomery County 66 Scott 51
Great photo. Best dunk I've seen all year.
-
10th Region preview
All the teams mention above could win the region. There is no favorite in this group. Montgomery has 7 starters coming back and A new kid that transfer in from Morehead thats a catcher with a great bat. They have above average pitching with Hall, Gully,Tabor, Nester and Lee. I dont know who will play First base for them yet because Tanner Combs won't be back. They have about 3 boys that can play that position well. They have their starting 2nd,SS,3rd basemen back with all the outfield. Montgomery has a new coach that will be playing one of the hardest scheduled that they have ever played. They should be ready at the end of the year.
-
Gene Combs named new Coach at Wolfe County High School
Good luck Coach Combs. Hope to see you at the end of the season over at the state tournament.
-
Jonathan Hackett is Montgomery County's New Coach
Sounds like your talking to kids that don't know how to tell time.
-
Jonathan Hackett is Montgomery County's New Coach
Cataholic; I'm talking about The Montgomery Co. kids that was on that team. Kids like Jacob Hill, Tanner Dice, Max Baker, Omar Prewitt and a few more. This was one of his first teams. The name of the team was the Brave's. Not the Rolling Thunder. The Brave's beat the Rockers every time they played them. The Rockers was made up of kids mostly from Woodfort Co. and they won the state this year. About the six hours.I didn't have to talk to any players about this because I know from having to pick my son up from practice. He gets out of school around 3:30 goes stright to the field and I don't pick him up till 10:00 on some nights. You do the math.
-
Jonathan Hackett is Montgomery County's New Coach
You're right about the talent that went through. I'm talking about the talent that didn't even try out for high school baseball. I remember the team that Kevin Lee had at the American Legion. All of those kids, if they all stayed together I wonder how that team would have done. They had a lot of talent on that team.
-
Blake Thomas part of a baseball goodwill mission
Congratulations Blake.
-
Jonathan Hackett is Montgomery County's New Coach
Cataholic; I agree with most everything you said, except Coach Combs kept the players 6 hours a day. Just ask any player that ever played for him. I think he lost some good talent because of the long hours. It was hard for the boys to keep up with their home work and have any kind of life outside of baseball. 2 or 3 hours should be enough.