Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Montgomery County

Featured Replies

I see this team making a big run in the region solid club congrats to them on there district championship!

When was the last time Montgomery Co. won the district?

I see this team making a big run in the region solid club congrats to them on there district championship!

All they needed was a half way decent coach that knows just a little bit about baseball. Imagine how good they will be next year when Hackett gets to bring in his own assistants instead of the clowns he inherited.

All they needed was a half way decent coach that knows just a little bit about baseball. Imagine how good they will be next year when Hackett gets to bring in his own assistants instead of the clowns he inherited.

 

This post is laughable. I want to know the standards you are going by that allow you to judge the previous coach, other wise known as Coach Combs, as less than "half way decent," and the current coach as "half way decent?" Would you like to compare the two? Let's start with Coach Hackett. He seems like a good, young coach, but this is his first year as a head coach. He inherited a plethora of upperclassmen (around 10 seniors I believe), and the 40th district, talent wise, is at its lowest point in 10 years. Seems like favorable circumstances for any coach. Lets talk about the old coach, Coach Combs. The reason why I am even posting on this thread is because I played for him in his early years at MoCo. He inherited the program when it was at its lowest point in a very long time and was able to turn it around. I have never seen a coach work harder than him nor met a better man. Also, Coach Combs has a few credentials. He is in the KHSBCA Hall of Fame with nearly 400 wins, and I believe he has been coaching for around 17-18 years. I'm no mathematician, but that's around a 20 win average yearly. I could go on if you would like me to...

I think Coach Combs deserves the upmost respect. The new Coach has a long way to go to compare. With that said Coach Hackett cant help what happen before he came to Moco. He got a job to do and I believe he will do it. I think if coach Hackett sat down with coach Combs, he would listen to all the advice that he would give him. The first thing that Coach Hackett needs to do is to play the guys that got him there. Coach Hackett has cut one boy off the team to bring up a 7th grader. Cut a boy that his parents as worked in the concessions for 3 years. This kid has sat in the dug out and went on the Myrtle Beach trip and didn't get to play 1 single inning all year. I just think that's wrong and Coach Combs would never do that. Coach Hackett needs to do the wright thing instead of listening to some other people in the school system. With that decision how do you think the boy feels and his parents. Makes you wonder who will it happen to next.

This post is laughable. I want to know the standards you are going by that allow you to judge the previous coach, other wise known as Coach Combs, as less than "half way decent," and the current coach as "half way decent?" Would you like to compare the two? Let's start with Coach Hackett. He seems like a good, young coach, but this is his first year as a head coach. He inherited a plethora of upperclassmen (around 10 seniors I believe), and the 40th district, talent wise, is at its lowest point in 10 years. Seems like favorable circumstances for any coach. Lets talk about the old coach, Coach Combs. The reason why I am even posting on this thread is because I played for him in his early years at MoCo. He inherited the program when it was at its lowest point in a very long time and was able to turn it around. I have never seen a coach work harder than him nor met a better man. Also, Coach Combs has a few credentials. He is in the KHSBCA Hall of Fame with nearly 400 wins, and I believe he has been coaching for around 17-18 years. I'm no mathematician, but that's around a 20 win average yearly. I could go on if you would like me to...

 

Please do..

I think Coach Combs deserves the upmost respect. The new Coach has a long way to go to compare. With that said Coach Hackett cant help what happen before he came to Moco. He got a job to do and I believe he will do it. I think if coach Hackett sat down with coach Combs, he would listen to all the advice that he would give him. The first thing that Coach Hackett needs to do is to play the guys that got him there. Coach Hackett has cut one boy off the team to bring up a 7th grader. Cut a boy that his parents as worked in the concessions for 3 years. This kid has sat in the dug out and went on the Myrtle Beach trip and didn't get to play 1 single inning all year. I just think that's wrong and Coach Combs would never do that. Coach Hackett needs to do the wright thing instead of listening to some other people in the school system. With that decision how do you think the boy feels and his parents. Makes you wonder who will it happen to next.

 

The boy shouldn't be on the team just because the parents work in the concession stand. If the 7th grader is a better player he should be on the team.

"The boy shouldn't be on the team just because the parents work in the concession stand. If the 7th grader is a better player he should be on the team. "

 

 

So a kid that doesn't go to the school has more right to be on the team than a current student? WRONG !!! IMO

 

I've stated my opinion on here before, BUT......if you cut one STUDENT, you should NOT be able to keep one NON Student......

 

....now, if you do not cut a student and have non students on the team......then the best player plays.

 

Being on the FIELD should have everything to do with TALENT, but being on the TEAM starts with being a STUDENT !!!!!

"The boy shouldn't be on the team just because the parents work in the concession stand. If the 7th grader is a better player he should be on the team. "

 

 

So a kid that doesn't go to the school has more right to be on the team than a current student? WRONG !!! IMO

 

I've stated my opinion on here before, BUT......if you cut one STUDENT, you should NOT be able to keep one NON Student......

 

....now, if you do not cut a student and have non students on the team......then the best player plays.

 

Being on the FIELD should have everything to do with TALENT, but being on the TEAM starts with being a STUDENT !!!!!

 

He is in 7th grade, so he goes to school (is he goes to a MS in Montgomery he can play for MCHS, since there is only one HS)...until the KHSAA puts in a rule, this is what a coach that wants to win should do. I would think that you would want the best players on your team and not the oldest.

That's your opinion Ky Thorobred but the 7th grader will not help this team in anyway. I believe if that were your kid that got the boot you would feel differently about it. How is anybody going to know who's better anyway. The 7th grader is a infielder and the other boy is a pitcher. This will be hard to compare. I don't want to take anything away from the 7th grader. He maybe the next superstar for Moco. I thank that Coach Hackett could have waited till next year to bring him up to Varsity. This tells me a lot about Coach Hackett's character. This just my opinion. I don't want to offend any one, but I just think the timing is wrong.

That's your opinion Ky Thorobred but the 7th grader will not help this team in anyway. I believe if that were your kid that got the boot you would feel differently about it. How is anybody going to know who's better anyway. The 7th grader is a infielder and the other boy is a pitcher. This will be hard to compare. I don't want to take anything away from the 7th grader. He maybe the next superstar for Moco. I thank that Coach Hackett could have waited till next year to bring him up to Varsity. This tells me a lot about Coach Hackett's character. This just my opinion. I don't want to offend any one, but I just think the timing is wrong.
From what i have heard about Coach Hackett, he is going to do whatever it takes to win games regardless of it ticking a parent off or not! Good luck MCHS in the region!!!!
From what i have heard about Coach Hackett, he is going to do whatever it takes to win games regardless of it ticking a parent off or not! Good luck MCHS in the region!!!!

 

I'm sure he wants to win, what coach doesn't? However, I've heard othewise when it comes to "ticking" parents off. He seems like a knowledgeable, enthusiastic young coach, but let's be honest here, he was brought in by the new administration and the booster's club because they felt they could control him to a certain extent. From what I have heard, he's done what he's been told to do, to a certain extent. That is not shot at him, or his coaching ability. Many coming into a similar situation (one of unfamiliarality) trying to establish a good relationship with the community, would do the same. However, I predict that as he proceeds along his tenure, this will likely change and he will do as he pleases. Then, the boosters will simply look for another young coach they can control and the cycle will repeat itself. In summation, calling coach Hackett a young, fearless, gunslinging savior is solid propaganda, but it is not an accurate label. Once again, I would like to say that this is not a shot at Coach Hackett or the team, and I wish them the best of luck at the regional tournament. I hope they come away champions. This post is aimed at my disapproval of the administration and the booster's club decision making abilities and overall intentions. I, as an alumni, have lost all respect for them.

...he was brought in by the new administration and the booster's club because they felt they could control him to a certain extent.

 

That's why they didn't hire Eddie Brooks. Eddie would win that Region every year.

That's why they didn't hire Eddie Brooks. Eddie would win that Region every year.

 

Oh, so Coach Brooks applied for the job?

He is in 7th grade, so he goes to school (is he goes to a MS in Montgomery he can play for MCHS, since there is only one HS)...until the KHSAA puts in a rule, this is what a coach that wants to win should do. I would think that you would want the best players on your team and not the oldest.
\

 

 

I'm sorry...I didn't know it was the Montgomery County Middle School Indians.....last time I checked it was the Montgomery County HIGH School Indians.........

 

STUDENTS in HS should not be cut from a HIGH SCHOOL team to keep kids NOT in High School............try to justify it any way you want, I will never agree.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.