Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Umpires

Featured Replies

I know we as fans are always hard on umpires, but there are a lot of really good ones out there. Who are some in your area?

  • Author

I should have said, who are some of the best in your area...

The best umps are the ones that are consistent no matter if they have a big strike zone or not, just keep it consistent for both teams.

I believe there are many that think they are and would love for their name to pop up on here to boost their ego, but the best ones go un-noticed therefore, no one knows except for coaches involved.

Here are a few I can thin of off the top of my head:

Scot Allison

Barry Follett

Dave Hall

Dave Thomas

While they are not calling now the 16th region has had 3 umpires that caleld high school games that are now or have called in the big leagues. Charlie Relford, Greg Gibson, and Sam Holbrook. That's pretty impressive!

Here are a few I can thin of off the top of my head:

Scot Allison

Barry Follett

Dave Hall

Dave Thomas

 

I would add Burney Jenkins to that list.

Here are a few I can thin of off the top of my head:

Scot Allison

Barry Follett

Dave Hall

Dave Thomas

 

I'd agree with that list. Add Burney Jenkins and you have 5 of the better umpires in the 10th/11th regions. I have to say umpiring in the 10th and 11th isn't too bad for the most part.

I would add Burney Jenkins to that list.

 

I'd agree with that list. Add Burney Jenkins and you have 5 of the better umpires in the 10th/11th regions. I have to say umpiring in the 10th and 11th isn't too bad for the most part.

 

Not sure how I left Burney off the list. Good call.

Davey Anderson from the 16th.

How About Brad Toy. I thing he's a good One.

I don't know the name but the plate umpire at tonight's Boone Cooper game is the absolute worst I've ever seen in my life.

 

Has already cost a team 4 runs with some of the worst calls behind the plate you can ever imagine. He is so bad and the game isn't even over yet.

This is a thread about good umpires. Let's keep it that way please. :stop:

This is a thread about good umpires. Let's keep it that way please. :stop:

 

It was about good ones for 12 post, there can't be anymore good ones left! :)

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.