Top pitchers in the 10th Region?

1. Jordan Martin- upper 80's fastball touching 90. Good off speed with plenty of experience being the winning pitcher of the state championship as a freshman.

2. Brandon Kendall- mid to upper 80's fastball. Signed with Wabash junior college. Great breaking ball with lots of experience also.

Both kids play summer baseball for the Cincinnati Spikes and have done very well. The expectations are high for Harrison County this year with these 2 on the mound.

Pete Ohmer from Scott is a solid pitcher and I've heard from a reliable source he is committed to Asbury. Very crafty with great off-speed stuff.

I know the kid personally, he is going to keep his options open. He probably won't pitch at the college level he will play first base. I do know he is interested in Asbury. I just think it is not the right time to make this big decision.

10th region can't even compare to the 9th Region, just read that thread about the 9th region pitchers. I think there are like 35 boys in the 9th region that throw high 80's and low 90's according to BGPers :thumb:

Here is one..

2012 14u/15u Perfect Game-East Cobb Invitational

Jun 06, 2012 - Jun 10, 2012 Midland Tomahawks 33

East Cobb Complex - Marietta, GA

Ethan Stringer

RHP 6-1 180 R/R

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FB

Range

78-84

CB

CH

Related Scout Blogs

•Midland Tomahawks win big 13-5

Here is one..

Ethan Stringer

RHP 6-1 180 R/R

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FB

Range

78-84

CB

CH

Related Scout Blogs

????

Congrats to Stringer!!!! He sounds awesome. Yea Midland!!! :clap:

Here is one..

Ethan Stringer

RHP 6-1 180 R/R

FB

Range

78-84

CB

CH

Related Scout Blogs

78-84 is a big range, which means he's throwing around 78- 81 most of the time. My question to you would be, is that from 54 or 60 ft?

The way this is laid out you are correct. 84 is the top speed he hit and 3mph is on the high end when doing their FB avg.. Normally it's 2mph which would put him at 78-80, but like you said 78-81 would work also. This kid should have been throwing from 60'6". He would be considered an older Frosh from what I read on his birthdate. Don't know the projectability but seems to be pretty solid. There aren't many kids in this area that even touch those numbers as a Frosh or Soph.. Acutually, you could probably count on 1 hand how many high school kids even throw 85+ in this area. Their parents might think they do but they just don't have a clue when it comes to that speed. I've even had a parent ask me what their son gunned at and I told him an he said, well he just threw 80+ the day before. I laughed and said, I don't know what to say, batteries are all charged up and it's NOT a cheap gun. He later came back to me and said I was right, that he had been mis-informed. Anyway, pretty solid for his age.

78-84 is a big range, which means he's throwing around 78- 81 most of the time. My question to you would be, is that from 54 or 60 ft?