Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top pitchers in the 10th Region?

Featured Replies

I don't really know the 10th that well, but you would have to take the 2 kids for Harrison Co. and Verst from Brossart. The other kid I've mentioned before, but don't know how much he will pitch is Wells from Scott.

1. Jordan Martin- upper 80's fastball touching 90. Good off speed with plenty of experience being the winning pitcher of the state championship as a freshman.

2. Brandon Kendall- mid to upper 80's fastball. Signed with Wabash junior college. Great breaking ball with lots of experience also.

 

Both kids play summer baseball for the Cincinnati Spikes and have done very well. The expectations are high for Harrison County this year with these 2 on the mound.

I know Scott is hurting in number of pitchers look for Kyle Kramer to do some work on the mound this year.

10th region can't even compare to the 9th Region, just read that thread about the 9th region pitchers. I think there are like 35 boys in the 9th region that throw high 80's and low 90's according to BGPers :thumb:

Pete Ohmer from Scott is a solid pitcher and I've heard from a reliable source he is committed to Asbury. Very crafty with great off-speed stuff.

Pete Ohmer from Scott is a solid pitcher and I've heard from a reliable source he is committed to Asbury. Very crafty with great off-speed stuff.

 

I know the kid personally, he is going to keep his options open. He probably won't pitch at the college level he will play first base. I do know he is interested in Asbury. I just think it is not the right time to make this big decision.

Kramer, Ohmer, Wells and Robinson from Scott. Verst from Brossart. Obviously Kendall and Martin from Harrison County. Who will be HC's number 3?

10th region can't even compare to the 9th Region, just read that thread about the 9th region pitchers. I think there are like 35 boys in the 9th region that throw high 80's and low 90's according to BGPers :thumb:

 

Here is one..

 

2012 14u/15u Perfect Game-East Cobb Invitational

 

Jun 06, 2012 - Jun 10, 2012 Midland Tomahawks 33

East Cobb Complex - Marietta, GA

 

 

Ethan Stringer

RHP 6-1 180 R/R

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FB

 

84

 

 

Range

 

78-84

 

 

CB

 

68

 

 

CH

 

70

 

Related Scout Blogs

 

•Midland Tomahawks win big 13-5

Harrison's number 3 will either be John King or Nolan Brossart. After the first 2 pitchers Harrison's staff falls off a little bit, but I would expect either one to step up and win big games for the breds this year.

Here is one..

 

2012 14u/15u Perfect Game-East Cobb Invitational

 

Jun 06, 2012 - Jun 10, 2012 Midland Tomahawks 33

East Cobb Complex - Marietta, GA

 

 

Ethan Stringer

RHP 6-1 180 R/R

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FB

 

84

 

 

Range

 

78-84

 

 

CB

 

68

 

 

CH

 

70

 

Related Scout Blogs

 

•Midland Tomahawks win big 13-5

????

 

Congrats to Stringer!!!! He sounds awesome. Yea Midland!!! :clap:

Here is one..

 

2012 14u/15u Perfect Game-East Cobb Invitational

 

Jun 06, 2012 - Jun 10, 2012 Midland Tomahawks 33

East Cobb Complex - Marietta, GA

 

 

Ethan Stringer

RHP 6-1 180 R/R

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FB

 

84

 

 

Range

 

78-84

 

 

CB

 

68

 

 

CH

 

70

 

Related Scout Blogs

 

•Midland Tomahawks win big 13-5

 

78-84 is a big range, which means he's throwing around 78- 81 most of the time. My question to you would be, is that from 54 or 60 ft?

The way this is laid out you are correct. 84 is the top speed he hit and 3mph is on the high end when doing their FB avg.. Normally it's 2mph which would put him at 78-80, but like you said 78-81 would work also. This kid should have been throwing from 60'6". He would be considered an older Frosh from what I read on his birthdate. Don't know the projectability but seems to be pretty solid. There aren't many kids in this area that even touch those numbers as a Frosh or Soph.. Acutually, you could probably count on 1 hand how many high school kids even throw 85+ in this area. Their parents might think they do but they just don't have a clue when it comes to that speed. I've even had a parent ask me what their son gunned at and I told him an he said, well he just threw 80+ the day before. I laughed and said, I don't know what to say, batteries are all charged up and it's NOT a cheap gun. He later came back to me and said I was right, that he had been mis-informed. Anyway, pretty solid for his age.

 

78-84 is a big range, which means he's throwing around 78- 81 most of the time. My question to you would be, is that from 54 or 60 ft?
78-84 is a big range, which means he's throwing around 78- 81 most of the time. My question to you would be, is that from 54 or 60 ft?

 

60ft

Wagner is Nicholas County ace a smooth lefty who is hitting 83-85 consistantly at Whitaker Bank Park tonight against Montgomery County. He hit 88 once.

 

Daugherty is the Pendleton County ace who has a very nice curve and good control.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.