Warren Central 56 Russell County 48

Follow up to my other post, I just watched the 10 second call. Ball inbounded with 3:37 showing on the clock. Whistle blows midway between 3:27-3:26. Yes, it is the officials actual count that determines 10 seconds but it was 10 seconds. Robertson took the ball, paused. 2 seconds gone. Dribbled to the top of the semicircle under the basket. 4 seconds gone. Passed to Britt. 5 seconds gone. Britt dribbles into the lane by the second block, runs into a trap. He pivots and looks up court, doesn't pass. (Can't see the clock at this time or I'd tell you times). Pivots back and bounces a pass to Robertson who is roughly parallel with him by the three point line opposite the Russell County bench. At this point the clock shows 3:27. He dribbles once steps, and as he is preparing to throw to a player at midcourt the whistle blows. 10 seconds.

And so you know I'm not lying to you (the game clock is visible on the shot clock):

[video=youtube_share;x0SGhKBRxyw]

Hmm, interesting. But correct me if im wrong, pause it when the whistle blows.. is the ball not already in the air halfway to the other guy? Say im right it shouldnt be a 10 sec right? I cant see the clock at the end so i trust you there. However see whatcha think about that. It brings up another interesting time in the game. When the timeout was called as the ball soared out of bounds? Once again, maybe im wrong here but what was your observation there.

All in all, its a moot point, game over, WC did make shots down the stretch to get the win.

On to the next game though, I do think Omar Prewitt could cause some matchup problems for WC. I couldn't quite tell, how tall was the #3 kid? Just trying to get an idea of how they'd matchup. I was impressed with the how deep WC was, although at times it seems like their players struggle to get into a rhythm with the constant rotation.

Hmm, interesting. But correct me if im wrong, pause it when the whistle blows.. is the ball not already in the air halfway to the other guy? Say im right it shouldnt be a 10 sec right? I cant see the clock at the end so i trust you there. However see whatcha think about that. It brings up another interesting time in the game. When the timeout was called as the ball soared out of bounds? Once again, maybe im wrong here but what was your observation there.

He's raising his hands to signal 10 seconds even before the whistle blows. Call it poor luck that the whistle hadn't quite blown yet.

Even so, if I'm not incorrect (and someone like Clyde can correct me), it's not actually out of the back court until the ball is in the possession of a player in the front court. So even though the ball is in the air, the clock is still ticking. Unless he fired it at bullet speed, it still wouldn't have cleared the line before at least another second had gone.

I'm uploading the timeout call now. I can tell you from watching it already that there is not smoking gun there. I've done the best I can, but it's going to be very much in the eye of the beholder. I'll narrate what I see in that post.

The timeout play:

[video=youtube_share;F-J34KVGTL4]

Here's what I see. As #1 Rondell Green is throwing the ball, the officials are sprinting up court. The official who grants it is not currently looking backwards to see Green, so he does not know a pass is about to take place. You can't see Coach Unseld in the frame prior to the release of the ball. Milliseconds after the pass is released you can see him and he is calling for a timeout. If that was literally the only time he called timeout and he didn't say it more than once, he didn't call for it until the pass was in the air. If he did, then they at least made a good faith effort to call a timeout when they were in possession. Like the 10 seconds, it's the official that really counts. He is not looking back at the pass as he begins to raise his arm to signal that a timeout was being granted. As he blows his whistle, the ball is in midflight, which is obviously what everyone on the Russell County side reacted to.

At worst, the referee granted a timeout that was called a fraction of a second after the release of the pass. At best, he reacted to the call for timeout a fraction of a second after the release of the pass. I don't consider it conclusive and I think either side would have a right to their opinion. It was not, however, in my judgment nearly as bad as what people thought it was when they heard the whistle.

Thats an awesome job and thanks for the videos!!!

However i still think it's a bad call but i guess one could say tough luck?

ON another note, after the bucket, it sure got loud! Geez! You would've thought it was a game winner

and for the record, i assure you I wasn't the one to give the thumbs down! Like i sadi that was an awesome job on both videos

Thats an awesome job and thanks for the videos!!!

However i still think it's a bad call but i guess one could say tough luck?

ON another note, after the bucket, it sure got loud! Geez! You would've thought it was a game winner

and for the record, i assure you I wasn't the one to give the thumbs down! Like i sadi that was an awesome job on both videos

It's mostly tongue in cheek! I've got a pretty good idea who it was, couldn't help myself from the jab!

The basket brought Russell County within one and the crowd there was huge for Russell County, so it's not surprising that they were so loud. It was a big basket and if it had been a turnover, it would have been big time for them. Warren Central was definitely not comfortable closing out the game, at all.

It's mostly tongue in cheek! I've got a pretty good idea who it was, couldn't help myself from the jab!

The basket brought Russell County within one and the crowd there was huge for Russell County, so it's not surprising that they were so loud. It was a big basket and if it had been a turnover, it would have been big time for them. Warren Central was definitely not comfortable closing out the game, at all.

I agree, they didn't look comfortable at all.. Tried to hold the ball and it almost came back to hurt them..

Regarding a previous post, do you know how tall the #3 player was? Like i say, just curious in regards to their next round matchup against MC.

Regarding a previous post, do you know how tall the #3 player was? Like i say, just curious in regards to their next round matchup against MC.

Sorry, I remember you asking that now. #3 (Chris Porter-Bunton) I believe is 6'5". #13 Byron Carver is just slightly smaller at around 6'4". What makes Chris unique is his length. He has very long arms and when combined with his height and athleticism he has a matchup advantage on most players. Is the MC player tall and thick, like Nick Coffey (or to reach to an earlier opponent Hunter Bivin from Apollo)? Because if so, that may pose some problems for Byron, who'd likely be covering them.

Sorry, I remember you asking that now. #3 (Chris Porter-Bunton) I believe is 6'5". #13 Byron Carver is just slightly smaller at around 6'4". What makes Chris unique is his length. He has very long arms and when combined with his height and athleticism he has a matchup advantage on most players. Is the MC player tall and thick, like Nick Coffey (or to reach to an earlier opponent Hunter Bivin from Apollo)? Because if so, that may pose some problems for Byron, who'd likely be covering them.

Prewitt, the best player is the total opposite of Coffey. Coffey gets you with position/strength. Prewitt is right around 6'5 id say and a thin built. He's very versatile with range, the game i saw, Prewitt struggled shooting it so it's hard to judge on one game.. Built though he's similar to the Bunton kid but with a Robertson type feel for the game or at least in my eyes, although the one game i saw he did force the issue to much.