Warren Central 56 Russell County 48

This was Warren Central's 13th region win in school history, all of them coming since 1982. That ties Bowling Green for the most all-time among region teams. Central has now won three of the last four titles for an echo boom from their six straight titles from 2002-2007. They will likely battle BG next season for yet another trip.

This was Warren Central's 13th region win in school history, all of them coming since 1982. That ties Bowling Green for the most all-time among region teams. Central has now won three of the last four titles for an echo boom from their six straight titles from 2002-2007. They will likely battle BG next season for yet another trip.

The Dragons are always good for a thriller at Rupp. I still remember Dewalt's dunk from 04'.

Hate to see any game dictated by the refs, but this one got out of hand! Russell got terrible calls all night bit still hung tough until the end! Some of the worst calls that I've even seen happened against Russell in this game! The officiating was embarrassing if you ask me! Can't see how any Central fan could disagree!

No wonder Warren Central makes it to Rupp every year!

Hate to see any game dictated by the refs, but this one got out of hand! Russell got terrible calls all night bit still hung tough until the end! Some of the worst calls that I've even seen happened against Russell in this game! The officiating was embarrassing if you ask me! Can't see how any Central fan could disagree!

Yeah, referees from other regions loveeeeee Warren Central. Nothing has to do with the fact that Central did a great job shutting Russell from deep. Neither team shot particularly well, but Central was able to hit shots when they needed them.

Every call that is for my team is correct. Any call against my team is dead wrong.

Sorry that you feel that the rotating out of region referees favor Warren Central.

I like Russell County and the way they play. Congrats on making it to the region finals. I think the world of Willie Feldhaus. That's all I'm going to say despite how you just crapped on my team.

I'm not crapping on anyone's team nor am I fan of either! On the hand of would've liked to see Russell win!

This game was reminiscent of the Ark/Ky game! Several times there was contact that needed to be called! Not to mention the bogus 10 second call and out of bounds one. The technical in the 4th qtr was uncalled for? That's not the time for that call!

I expect a WC fan to take up for their team and say the refs weren't in their favor but I disagree, maybe I'm part of the minority but I don't think so!

Are you trying to tell me that you don't consider "No wonder Warren Central makes it to Rupp every year" to be an implication that the referees favor them? That Warren Central wasn't capable of doing it on their own? Because if not, exactly what do you mean by that statement?

It was apparent for a long time that coach Feldhaus was cruising for a technical. On more than one occasion it looked like he was going to get it. I haven't the slightest clue what he said, but I'd imagine by the 4th Quarter he either said a magic word or the official had had enough. The call that he got it for was one of the classic things an official will do in the course of a game. The rebound came down, Robertson went over the back, and therefore the Central player lost it out of bounds. Instead of calling the easily justifiable foul on Robertson, the official simply awarded the ball to Central. If I've seen it once, I've seen it a thousand times. If I were the ref, I'd have asked him if he'd prefer his best player to pick up another foul instead. In the end, Central missed both free throws on the technical and turned it over and fouled on the ensuing possession, leading to at least one point (can't remember if he hit both on that one). I can't speak to the ten second call, I haven't seen the film to count whether it was ten seconds. I do think the timeout given was probably the wrong call as it was most likely while the ball was in the air.

Warren Central had 19 fouls, Russell County had 15, and that was with Russell County fouling late to put Central on the line. Even with that, Russell County shot 3 less free throws than Central and actually hit one more. If the officials allow aggressive play, it is the job of the teams and coaches to adjust. The same is true if they are calling it ticky tack. They called it that way all, game, long. Did the officials cause Russell County to shoot 37%, easily their lowest of the tournament? Did the officials cause them to go 2/9 from behind the three point line when they ran roughshod over other teams from behind the arc?

Warren Central! Sorry

I expect Montgomery County to be favored. They've been highly regarded all year and bring an impressive 31-4 record in. They average more scoring per game than Warren Central while allowing less points. That's not to say I think it's a sure thing or that it is not winnable for Warren Central, but it will be a tough get for them. Probably one of the largest factors will be which team adjust to the environment the quickest in terms of fan atmosphere and the shooting background. Central usually has the advantage in being used to Rupp, but many of these players didn't see time when the Dragons made it two years ago.

I expect Montgomery County to be favored. They've been highly regarded all year and bring an impressive 31-4 record in. They average more scoring per game than Warren Central while allowing less points. That's not to say I think it's a sure thing or that it is not winnable for Warren Central, but it will be a tough get for them. Probably one of the largest factors will be which team adjust to the environment the quickest in terms of fan atmosphere and the shooting

background. Central usually has the advantage in being used to Rupp, but many of these players didn't see time when the Dragons made it two years ago.

Thanks Dragon!

I'm not crapping on anyone's team nor am I fan of either! On the hand of would've liked to see Russell win!

This game was reminiscent of the Ark/Ky game! Several times there was contact that needed to be called! Not to mention the bogus 10 second call and out of bounds one. The technical in the 4th qtr was uncalled for? That's not the time for that call!

I expect a WC fan to take up for their team and say the refs weren't in their favor but I disagree, maybe I'm part of the minority but I don't think so!

Follow up to my other post, I just watched the 10 second call. Ball inbounded with 3:37 showing on the clock. Whistle blows midway between 3:27-3:26. Yes, it is the officials actual count that determines 10 seconds but it was 10 seconds. Robertson took the ball, paused. 2 seconds gone. Dribbled to the top of the semicircle under the basket. 4 seconds gone. Passed to Britt. 5 seconds gone. Britt dribbles into the lane by the second block, runs into a trap. He pivots and looks up court, doesn't pass. (Can't see the clock at this time or I'd tell you times). Pivots back and bounces a pass to Robertson who is roughly parallel with him by the three point line opposite the Russell County bench. At this point the clock shows 3:27. He dribbles once steps, and as he is preparing to throw to a player at midcourt the whistle blows. 10 seconds.

And so you know I'm not lying to you (the game clock is visible on the shot clock):

[video=youtube_share;x0SGhKBRxyw]