What's so difficult about qualifying to play?

SvFan4life

You're right, and I learned that in my freshmen English class during peer reviews. One young lady had me read over her paper, and I kid you not, I wouldn't have wiped my beehind with that monstrosity she called a paper. I was shocked.

I believe the state puts pressure on UofL to accept everyone who applies forcing them to accept students who should not even have graduated high school much less get accepted to college. This really doesn't helpt those studetns at all and really hurts the school as a whole.

I believe the state puts pressure on UofL to accept everyone who applies forcing them to accept students who should not even have graduated high school much less get accepted to college. This really doesn't helpt those studetns at all and really hurts the school as a whole.

Not anymore. That was formerly UofL's policy, a holdover from the days it was a city university instead of a state university. They no longer have open enrollment.

A case comes to mind about an offensive lineman that signed with USF, but he was not accepted by the university. He ended up signing with UofL.

There is still a big uproar at USF over Austin Waverly, a 6'11" center who was to join the basketball team this season, but was rejected by the academic acceptance committee. Austin ended up at Oregon.

Statistically, UofL accepts 71-75% of those who apply, UK 69%, UC 65%. Hold that in contrast to UF 39% and USF 38%. Even UCF, who used to take everybody, finally tightened their qualifying requirements. The data is available via a simple google search.

A case comes to mind about an offensive lineman that signed with USF, but he was not accepted by the university. He ended up signing with UofL.

There is still a big uproar at USF over Austin Waverly, a 6'11" center who was to join the basketball team this season, but was rejected by the academic acceptance committee. Austin ended up at Oregon.

Statistically, UofL accepts 71-75% of those who apply, UK 69%, UC 65%. Hold that in contrast to UF 39% and USF 38%. Even UCF, who used to take everybody, finally tightened their qualifying requirements. The data is available via a simple google search.

Do you know what percentage of applicants WKU accepts? Thanks.

Do you know what percentage of applicants WKU accepts? Thanks.

92%

Keep in mind WKU is not going to get the number of applications that other schools do. Same goes for UofL and UK. I don't know if the state mandates a percentage of in-state enrollment or not, but that could also factor into acceptance rates.

I know for Scott that you just need to be passing your classes in order to be eligible for high school sports. No other real requirement other than that. I know its the same way for other schools as well like Harrison County. One of their players for their baseball team was easily one of the best pitchers in the state (this was several years ago) but he couldn't get any college offers because his GPA was 1.2 (this is what our coach had told me after the game after having a discussion with him about some things) and it was really shocking to hear.